3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2013 7:24 AM by Willam van Weelden

Combining Robohelp Projects

Alchemex Level 1

I have Robohelp 10.  I would like to combine two separate robohelp projects into one.  Is there any way of doing this?  Note I do not want to merge the projects using the merged TOC but rather have one robohelp project instead of two separate ones.  How could I go about doing this without importing each html file?

• 1. Re: Combining Robohelp Projects
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

The easiest way would be to import the HTM files of the topics from one project into another. You can use the File > Import menu item. Note that this will only import the physical topics. It does not bring in things like TOC entries, index keywords.

• 2. Re: Combining Robohelp Projects
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Unless, of course, the Index keywords have been added to the topics as opposed to the Index file.

Keep combining and carry on... Rick

• 3. Re: Combining Robohelp Projects
              Willam van Weelden Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure how helpful this will be to anyone but myself, but I'm going ahead anyway.

I recently merged four RoboHelp projects (~ 500 topics) into a single RoboHelp project. To do this, I did the following:

- Create a new, blank RoboHelp project.

- Paste all topics, images and baggege files in the new project directory.

- Paste the TOC files, index files too the RH project file.

- Copy contents from all map files and paste in into the new projects' map file.

- Merged all the alias files manually: open, copy all content without the top level and paste it into the new projects' alias file.

- Repeated this process for CBT's.

- Rebuild the .fpj files. (I have a script for that, I just haven't got around to creating the manual.)

- Trash the CPD and open the new project.

- Recreate the SSL in the project.

It took about 30 minutes and all content was transferred.

Greet,

Willam

1 person found this helpful