4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 25, 2013 12:08 PM by JD_Hammerly RSS

Can't read cache

JD_Hammerly

Every time I start Bridge I receive the following message "Bridge encountered a problem and is unable to read the cache. Please try purging the central cache in Cache Prefences to correct the situation".  Well repeated attempts at taking this advice have no effect on the problem.  Suggestions on what to try next?  Does purging really do anything as it seems to finish instantly and with a lot of photograph I would expect it to take a while to purge them all.

• 1. Re: Can't read cache
          Omke Oudeman Community Member

Does purging really do anything as it seems to finish instantly and with a lot of photograph I would expect it to take a while to purge them all.

Purging cache is not taking long, it should delete the content to the trash. But if succeeded your files should start recaching from scratch to build a new thumbnail and preview according to your settings.

Can you provide details about computer, OS and version of Bridge?

• 2. Re: Can't read cache
            JD_Hammerly Community Member

Hi and thank you!

I have Windows 7 (up to date according the MS), Dell M4300 w/ a 128 SSD that I put in two years ago to replace the original HDD, and Bridge version 4.0.5.11.  Yes, it seems to recreate the thumbnails after I do the purge but the next time I open Bridge it give me the same error.  It doesn’t seem to be stopping Bridge from working, by the way, as I haven’t noticed any changes in its operation.

JD

• 3. Re: Can't read cache
              Curt Y Community Member

With a small SSD you probably have your files scattered.  Are you using internal drives for cache and files?

• 4. Re: Can't read cache
                JD_Hammerly Community Member

The drive is full defragged and yes everything is on “C”