4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 10:02 AM by jbowden

Question about the Tools panel...

heldeJ

I have a question about the Tools panel of Edge Animate:

In future, is Edge Animate going to have a richer set of drawing tools? At the moment, if wanted to have a symbol, lets say a "Dog", I would have to draw it first in Illustrator or Photoshop and then import it into Edge Animate (because EA basicly allows me to draw only rectangles and circles). So in future releases, will there be tools like "Pen tool" or "Eraser tool" and other drawing tools know from Flash Professional for creating symbols?

Thanks,

JH

• 1. Re: Question about the Tools panel...
          heldeJ Level 1

Someone pleeeeease answer my question... I'm in a hurry with this

• 2. Re: Question about the Tools panel...
            elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, heldeJ-

I'm curious if you mean "are we planning to release this feature in the next few days/weeks" or "are we planning to release at a certain point in time in the near future," or "are we planning to release at some point in time at all."  While I can't state what features will make it into the next version of Animate, I can say that we just released 1.5 last week and released 1.0 in September, so you might want to extrapolate something from that.  If you're looking for a solution in the next week or so, I feel pretty comfortable in saying that you're probably better off drawing it in Illustrator or Fireworks and bringing it into Animate as an external asset.

Cheers,

-Elaine

• 3. Re: Question about the Tools panel...
              heldeJ Level 1

Thank you for responding, Elaine

What I meant was - "are you planning to release at some point in time at all".

I'am doing a comparison between animation-tools of Edge Animate and Flash Professional (for my school-assignment). I have used both Animate 1.0 and Animate 1.5, and one of the first things that I noticed was a poor selection of drawing tools (compared to Flash Professional). So I was curious if we are going to see a more advanced Tools panel in the future releases?

JH

• 4. Re: Question about the Tools panel...
                jbowden Adobe Employee

Hi JH,

Sorry, but we can't comment specifically about whether or when any feature will be in future versions of Edge Animate. What we can do is listen to feedback from our users and add feature requests for the EA team which may be considered for future releases of Edge Animate.

When new releases are issued, there's also a list of the new features added...so stay tuned!

Thanks,

Joe