2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 4:31 PM by K J 27

PSE 10 Organizer zapped by power outage

K J 27

There was a major power outage while I was exporting files from Organizer 10.  Now when I try to open Organizer, it opens momentarily, and then a a notice pops up that says:  "Elements 10 has topped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  Obviously, Windows hasn't found a solution.  I can still get into Elements Editor, but I do use Organizer for all of my organizing activities.  Is there a way that I can repair PSE/Organizer program files without uninstalling the entire program and then reinstalling?  Also if I have to do that, will I have difficulties deactivating and reactivating PSE? I'm using a Windows 7 machine with 12 GB Ram.  Thanks for any info you can provide. 

• 1. Re: PSE 10 Organizer zapped by power outage
          andaleebfatima1 Adobe Employee

-Kill any such exe from the task manger, if running-

autoanalyzer, photoshop file agent, dynamic link manager, photoshop server and photoshopelementsorganizer.exe

-Go to %appdata%\adobe\elements organizer\11.0\organizer and delete the files psa.prf and status.dat

-Now please try launching Organizer directly from its exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Elements 11 Organizer by right click >> Run As Admin keeping Shift key pressed. You should see Catalog Manager dialog. Create a new catalog and try.

Thanks

Andaleeb

• 2. Re: PSE 10 Organizer zapped by power outage
            K J 27 Level 1

Thank you very much for your assistance.  It was very helpful.  I was able to get into the catalog manager and establish a new catalog through which I could get into my original catalog.  I was still not able to get into my original main catalog directly, however, and I got another suggestion from MichelBParis to work with the catalog pse10db file in the “catalog” folder, and that did the trick.  Again, however, your suggestion was very helpful.