5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 11:13 AM by daniel-k

Adobe ID swap

:TheTechKid

I currenly have Adobe Digital Editions with the ID ucsinbox@live.co.uk. However, I wish to change my ID to curtis.100@live.co.uk. How can I do this?

• 1. Re: Adobe ID swap
          sjpt Level 4

From http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-publishing-suite/kb/changing-id-email.html

1. Navigate to http://www.adobe.com.
          2. Click the Sign-in link at the upper-right corner of the screen.
          3. Sign in with the existing email address and password.
          4. Click the user name in the upper-right corner and choose My Information.
          5. Change the email address (and password if you like) and click
            the Save my Changes button.
          • 2. Re: Adobe ID swap
            :TheTechKid Level 1

But I already have an Adobe ID for curtis.100@live.co.uk! How can I just remove my old one and in it's place use curtis.100@live.co.uk?

• 3. Re: Adobe ID swap
              sjpt Level 4

OK, sorry, I misread your first post.

You can deregister your old ID from ADE, using ctrl-shift-D  (cmd-shift-D on a Mac).

Restart ADE (maybe not needed), and then reregister with your new ID.

However, be aware that once your have done this you will not be able to read any DRM books set up with the old ID.

If you also have eReader devices you wish to change,

deregister them while plugged into ADE using ctrl-shift-E  (cmd-shift-E on a Mac).

Restart ADE (maybe not needed), and then reregister the device with your new ID which is already registered on the PC/Mac..

• 4. Re: Adobe ID swap
                :TheTechKid Level 1

I have done this as also advised by a member of the Adobe Technical Team over Live Chat. This has worked. Thanks!

• 5. Re: Adobe ID swap
                  daniel-k

I have almost exactly the same question - but you're advice doesn't quite do the job. I Authorized my PC a long time ago and used my e-mail address at the time. That address has been defunct for a long time and I would like my ID to be current.

I followed the instructions and now I can't access my books. (I SEE now that you mentioned that) So does this means that they are gone forever?

Also I can't authorize my PC for ADE now. So my old ID is gone and I have nothing. Why would anyone want to do this?