2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2013 5:15 AM by osgood_ RSS

Drop Down Menu - Image Rotator

osgood_ MVP

Anyone found an image rotator jQuery or something else that DOES'NT interfere with the drop menus of a naviagtion bar positioned above the images that are being rotated?

I don't often use drop menus but decided to for the particular project I'm currently working on but have run into an issue with the sub-menus vanishing once I introduce the jQuery image rotator I'm using.........bum.

z-index don't seem to work

Cheers

Os.

• 1. Re: Drop Down Menu - Image Rotator
          kennethkawamoto2 Community Member

> z-index don't seem to work

Most likely that your image has a higher z-index than the dropdown. Can you check with Firebug/element inspector?

--

Kenneth Kawamoto

http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

• 2. Re: Drop Down Menu - Image Rotator
            osgood_ MVP

kennethkawamoto2 wrote:

> z-index don't seem to work

Most likely that your image has a higher z-index than the dropdown. Can you check with Firebug/element inspector?

--

Kenneth Kawamoto

http://www.materiaprima.co.uk/

Solved it by using z-index -1;

Bit of a complicated layout as I had a <div> behind the <div> holding the rotating images set to width 100%. This had a background-color which was needed to stretch the width of the browser window.

When I set a z-index the <div> holding the rotating images went behind the <div> holding the background color BUT the drop menu worked.

Instead of using a solid background color for the <div> underlaying the rotating images I used a repeating background image with a transparent section in the middle where the images are positioned.

That did the trick, drop downs now appear!

Thanks for your input, most welcome. These little problems are sent to try our patience and resolve.