1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 26, 2013 12:20 PM by Noel Carboni

Accidentally downloaded CS6 for Windows instead of Mac?

dkeahi808

Hello,

I have been trying to get someone at Adobe support to talk to me since Friday and have had no luck so far. I downloaded CS6 (student & teacher edition) for Windows by accident, as I am running on a Mac. I want to see if I can exchange it for a Mac version.

I have tried the online chat twice, both of which have been a complete waste of time. Here was my experience today:

Chat InformationThank you for choosing Adobe. A representative will be with you shortly. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 2 second(s) or longer as there are 1 customer(s) in line ahead of you.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with Kiran Kumar.

Kiran Kumar: Hello! Welcome to Adobe Customer Service.

Kiran Kumar: May I please have your email address registered with Adobe while I review your request?

Kawika: Hi it is ******@gmail.com

Kiran Kumar: Thank you for the information. One moment while I look up your customer record.

Chat InformationThank you for chatting with us. Please click the "Close" button on the top right of the chat window to tell us how we did today.

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

He just signed off without any explanation.

I have called twice to be put on a wait list for a call back, which I understand, but I asked to be called back at 2pm on Friday and didn't get a call back until around 4:45pm PST where they called probably 4 times in a row. I was at work at the time so I couldn't answer.

I hate to complain but I am really surprised at the lack of customer support I have so far experienced and need to have this issue resolved ASAP.

Please help!

Thanks

• 1. Re: Accidentally downloaded CS6 for Windows instead of Mac?
          Noel Carboni Level 8

Can't you just go download the Mac version?

Are you saying you bought a perpetual license for the wrong variant? 

If so...

It's unlikely you'll find someone to help you here, though the Adobe folks do occasionally duck in here.  You really will need to get someone on the phone.

And yes, trying to get customer support can be frustrating.  But it seems to me what you need is sales support.  Call the order line and try to get a salesman; they ought to have access to what you need changed.

-Noel