• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot reinstall Flash Player

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled FP in order to install the newest version.

The uninstall using add/remove was fine.

Now, I download the installer, locate it on the desktop, right click and "run as administrator", I get the UAC verification which I approve, the installer service then appears in services, the installation package on the desktop disappears (it does not go to recycle bin) and then everything just sits there.

I've verified that I have the current windows installer version and that is is not disabled so it should start.  I have this same identical issue with reinstalling Reader.

I uninstalled and installed Java yesterday and it installed, I also downloaded an uninstaller utility which installed and ran.  So, I don't believe the issue is with installing, it seems to be specific to Adobe flash and reader.

Please help; both these are required for my wife;s work and needless to say I'm on her list since I can't reinstall.  Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You shouldn't have to run this as administrator.  If everything is working correctly, it should elevate itself when needed.  Does your installer name have the letters AIH in it?  If so, let's try running the stand alone installer that you can download here:

Installation Problems - Flash Player - Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines