4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 10:21 PM by Armitage2112

Crashing if opening from welcome screen

Armitage2112

Hello,

I have this issue pretty often. I will open Premiere Pro CS6, select the project(Project A), it loads and opens the premiere screen. The media is currently yellow at this point and then it crashes. Sometimes premiere crashes at a different point, such as before I see the yellow media screens.  However if I open premiere and open a new project, or a less intense project(Project B) that doesn't have any effects - that project loads. Then once inside premiere I can open the project(Project A) that was previously crashing. But to add more mystery, if I get project A to load using that method and then close premiere. Open premiere to the welcome screen and try loading Project A again, instead of it crashing with a crash report and no prompt, I get the prompt "Premiere pro has encountered a serious error and will attempt to save your project."  All of these seem to happen if opening the project from the welcome screen. And this has happened on two different projects.

To give a little background on the projects, they are multicam projects - I am unsure if that has an effect. And the crashing only seems to happen on projects I have applied effects to. Typically just 3 (2x three-way color and RGB Curves) effects per clip.

Lastly: this might be completely unrelated, I have gotten the corrupt project file 2 or 3 times now. These have all happened randomly where I have worked on the project for an hour or so, save it - and close everything down safely. Come back the next day and it's corrupt. I've started to just save all my .proj files to dropbox to combat this. But this amount corrupt projects and crashing when opening projects is frustrating.

I have reinstalled premiere as well. I have deleted my preferences and I have started premiere holding combinations of Shift, Alt, and Control.

Here is a crash report I get after recieving the prompt "Premiere pro has encountered a serious error and will attempt to save your project." If you need a crash report where I don't recieve that prompt at all, I'm sure I can get it to crash again lol.

http://pastebin.com/MWUzBTn6

Here is a crash report from when the program crashes with no prompt :

http://pastebin.com/BN6QNMib

• 1. Re: Crashing if opening from welcome screen
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840 lists the kind of information that will help people help you

• 2. Re: Crashing if opening from welcome screen
            tsdavis369 Level 1

I had the same issue and here is the "fix" adobe gave me. These insturctions are for a Mac but I'm sure the archeticure would be similar on a PC.

Go > Go to Folder > ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe

Now you will see a collective of folders for whichever adobe suite you have. Go to Premiere Pro and the next folder you should have should be labeled "6.0" change that to "60_old" or some random different label. Try opening up your original project (not the recovery proj) and see if that helps.

• 3. Re: Crashing if opening from welcome screen
              Armitage2112 Level 1
              • What version of Premiere Pro? Include the minor version number (e.g., Premiere Pro CS5.5 with the 5.5.2 update).
              • Have you installed the recent updates? (If not, you should. They fix a lot of problems.)
                • Yes
              • What operating system? This should include specific minor version numbers, like "Mac OSX v10.6.8"---not just "Mac".
              • What kind(s) of source footage? When telling about your source footage, tell us about the codecs, not just the container types. For example, "H.264 in a .mov container", not just "QuickTime".
                • Apple ProRes (Proxy)
              • If you are getting error message(s), what is the full text of the error message(s)?
                • Multiple Error Messages, See above
              • What were you doing when the problem occurred?
                • See Above, Full Description
              • What other software are you running?
                • These errors occur when running other software or just freshly booting into the machine
              • Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed?
                • None
              • Tell us about your computer hardware. Be especially certain to tell us about third-party I/O hardware (e.g., AJA, Matrox, Blackmagic, MOTU).
                • iMac (Late 2009), 3.06 ghz Intel Core2Duo, 8GB DDR3 1066mhz Ram, nVidia 9400 256mb, 500gb HD. No third part hardware
              • Are you using Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration?
                • I believe so
              • Does the problem only happen with your final output, with previews, or both?
                • No

Here is another crash from recently. I can pretty much make Premiere crash whenever I want. For example if I just switch back and forth between a project (Without changing a single thing), it will cause the "A serious error has occured, we will attempt to save your project". This is an error report from that.

http://pastebin.com/6B7eUhia

• 4. Re: Crashing if opening from welcome screen
                Armitage2112 Level 1

I have tried reseting my profile.

Also here is another crash report in case you need a 4th one

http://pastebin.com/XBG87uvn

Most of my projects I cannot open unless I open a blank project and then once in the blank project go to File > Open project. Almost every project I have crashes with the "Serious error has occured"  unless I open them this way.

Please any assistance would be great.