4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 6:54 AM by zarrdave

Video tutorals? Are there any specifically for PS Touch for Phone?

zarrdave Level 2

Does anyone know of any video tutuorials specifically related to Touch for Phone please? (I'm running Android in case theres a difference with iPhone version)

I've tried adobe TV but any updated videos that might be relevant have 404 errors. see http://tv.adobe.com/watch/creative-cloud-creative-pages/adobe-photoshop-touch-overview-vid eo/

These dont seem to be specifically relevant to the Phone version

http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-touch/

In app help file is rather basic.

Thanks.

Dave.

• 1. Re: Video tutorals? Are there any specifically for PS Touch for Phone?
          Luanne Seymour Adobe Employee

Hi Dave,

I have a couple of suggestions for you. For Getting Started tutorials, check out these 5 below. They are specially designed for the new phone verison of Photoshop Touch:

For video tutorials of specific techniques, you could watch the videos in the Learn Photoshop Touch show on Adobe TV. Those videos were made for the tablet version of Photoshop Touch. Most of the functionality is the same but the interface is slightly different.
          Finally, if there is a specific technique you are looking for, ask the folks here in this forum for suggestions. There are many creative and artistic people in this community with great tutorial ideas.
          I hope this helps,
          Luanne
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Video tutorals? Are there any specifically for PS Touch for Phone?
            zarrdave Level 2

Thanks Luanne, unfortunately not quite what I'm looking for.

The first 5 links I'd seen before and are somewhat basic starting points and pretty much covered in the inbuilt help files.

The second point video tutorials (I'd previously mentioned I'd looked at but dismissed) are really for the tablet version and not the phone even though they're similar in some ways. The interface for one is different enough I believe to confuse a beginner.

The third suggestion about the forum is a given, but sometimes you need someone to tell you what something can do because you dont know to ask it. For example, if there were flick motions you didnt know existed, you wouldnt probably think to ask the forum community, "How do I flick a menu to another place?". In a video tutorial specifically for the phone it would probably raise that and other things you hadnt come across before and show you the motions. A bit of a "whats new to PS touch for Phone" is whats needed, as there are differences including layout, menu items, functionality that can get confusing.

The three ideas might cover most, but I still believe a specific set of video tutorials for Phone or a more extensive in app help menu would be better. At the moment its a bit like handing out Disneyland Paris park maps at DisneyWorld Florida. You get the general idea but things arent where they're shown to be or always featured in the same way.

Thanks.

Dave.

• 3. Re: Video tutorals? Are there any specifically for PS Touch for Phone?
              janelle_f Adobe Employee

Here are a few helpful links:

Please let us know if you have any questions

janelle

• 4. Re: Video tutorals? Are there any specifically for PS Touch for Phone?
                zarrdave Level 2

Great, much better, thanks Janelle.