Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AC6, offline project, structuring

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everybody,

I am planning do build a large eLearning program (about 150 Pages). I bought Captivate 6 and I would appreciate some advice before I start my work.

The project is supposed to run offline on PCs and tablets without an LMS.

It should be able to save and retrieve student’s data to and from the local disc.

More than one student should be able to use the program on the same computer, who login with their name and password to continue their personal learning session.

It should run cross platform.

As it is big, I am thinking of splitting the project up into several .cptx-files to simplify my work during building and testing. Would it be possible to run it through the different .cptx-files with the same TOC, so the user would not realize the “hopping” when moving from one file to another?

I am first time on the list.

Thank you very much in advance for any helpful comment.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Well, you could use the Aggregator application that ships with Captivate to provide that common TOC. But I think your big stumbling block here is going to be the saving and retrieving data from the local hard drive. Unless someone has created and is either giving away or selling a widget for that, good luck!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot Rick.

I was not aware of Aggregator and it looks like the programm will do exactly what I was heading for. I have no solution for login and saving student data on the local disc yet. I am hoping for further advice in which direction to go. Thank you very much.

Ruediger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources