4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 1:21 PM by accardi

visual indication that I am recording?

accardi Level 1

This must be a simple thing .. but not obvious to me ....

I am recording full screen, I get the 3,2,1 countdown ... recording starts but I want to see some visual indication that a recording is in progress .. you know .. a blinking record button or maybe a blinking bounding box .. I don't seem to get any visual indication that I am recording or have paused or have stopped completely.   Thanks for any insights.

• 1. Re: visual indication that I am recording?
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi there

Try looking at your Task bar? But that can be turned off so you may need to examine the Notification area. That area where the time and the small group of icons are. You should see an indication there.

Full screen, huh? Yikes! Masochism!

Cheers... Rick

• 2. Re: visual indication that I am recording?
            accardi Level 1

Thanks, yes .. I see it now .. especially with a magnifying glass.   So the little icon flashes when I record but no matter what I set for my pause/resume key (using preferences) I cannot get pause to work.  I'm assuming that a successful pause would stop the blinking on my system tray icon.  Is that how it works when you pause?   I've tried setting a dozen different keys to the pause function .. no joy.    Thanks, John

• 3. Re: visual indication that I am recording?
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not sure on the pause bit. What mode are you recording in?

Slide by Slide mode:

• Demonstration
              • Training Simulation
              • Assessment Simulation
              • Custom

Video Recording mode

Cheers... Rick

• 4. Re: visual indication that I am recording?
                accardi Level 1

Yea, I was in full motion mode.  I stumbled on another thread suggesting a different mode.  So Automatic mode does have a working pause key but ... you lose the blinking red dot on the system tray icon to indicate you are recording in automatic mode.  I guess I can live with that .. but yikes, Adobe, different sets of control buttons for the different modes?  How about some consistency in the UI?    Thanks.  J