1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 9:46 AM by John Mensinger

What would cause logo colors to change when creating a PDF from an InDesign file?

Skulpa

Hi,

My graphic designer has a publication laid out in InDesign. When he creates a PDF file of the book to send to the printer, the colors of our logo on the cover change. Dramatically. The really weird thing is that everything still looks normal on his computer, which is off-site. But when he sends the file to me or the printer, it has the wrong colors. We're all at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

Also, I'm just an editor and my experience with InDesign is pretty much limited to making text changes so I'm not well-versed in the lingo. If you could dumb down any advice you may have, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Shawna

• 1. Re: What would cause logo colors to change when creating a PDF from an InDesign file?
          John Mensinger Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Shawna, there really isn't realistic hope that anyone could troubleshoot the problem from here with the information you've given. If I was answering your graphic designer, I'd be interrogating him/her about the methods employed all along the way from the logo as a stand-alone file to it's placement in InDesign to the InDesign transparency blend space, possible effects or blend modes applied, and the wide range of possibilities surrounding the methods and settings used in the export/conversion to PDF.