0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2013 2:08 PM by speevi5

webservice call works in Firefox but not Internet Explorer

speevi5

I have a .NET web service hosted in IIS.  it worked fine for a long time until we moved the app outside of the firewall.  Now there is a proxy in front of it that uses URL rewrite and Basic Authentication, and the service call works fine in Firefox but bombs in IE/Chrome.

The web method is defined

public string PNG_To_Server(byte[] pngFile, int width, int height, string BBOX, string layerName)

where the pngfile is a png encoded byte array.  I have a similar method in the same web service that takes a byte array as a parameter, but it is sent from a filereference object. It works fine.

If the web.config file on the proxy is changed, specifically the line

<authentication mode="Windows" />

(like changing it to Forms, and then back), it will work in IE ONE TIME, and then goes back to failing.

the error I trap is SOAP Version Mismatch.

Also, the method works fine from any browser when Fiddler is turned on, which would make me think there is a certificate problem - but we are using a commercially signed cert on the proxy.

I'm really under the gun on this one and would appreciate any help.  We've been going round and round on this for weeks.