7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2013 2:44 PM by Scott V

Upload Problem with Revel: two accounts

diabaig

I am trying to upload my free 50 photos per month on my iPad and I keep getting a pop up box that asks for an internet connection even though I have one. How do I proceed?

• 1. Re: Upload Problem with Revel
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Diabaig,

Thank you for contacting us about your Revel issue. I tested on the ipad as Revel will ask you to allow access to your photos. Did you confirm to see if  you can browse the internet on your ipad. I know that is a basic question but needed to confirm. Have you tried to log out and log back in to your Revel account? You might try to close out of the Revel app, go into your settings on your ipad. Then click on the wifi to turn the wifi off and turn it back on. Then try logging back into Revel witih your Adobe ID to see if you can upload images now.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: Upload Problem with Revel
            diabaig Level 1

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the input. I tried turning off wi fi and turning back on but that did not work. I have a very good wi fi connection on the iPad so that is not the issue. Not sure how I log in and out of my Revel account on the iPad. I never actually log out of Revel and I am not asked for an Adobe ID to log back in.

Paul

• 3. Re: Upload Problem with Revel

Diabaig,

To sign out, click on the settings menu, then select your adoboe id name. Then you will see a "sign out" button. Is the app updated to 1.9? On that same window you can see the App Version. I would suggest sign out and sign back in. Let me know how that works out for you.

settingsmenu.jpg

Let me know if you any other questions

Thanks

Scott

• 4. Re: Upload Problem with Revel
                diabaig Level 1

Hi Scott,

Signed out and back in using my Google ID but that did not work! Tried my Adobe ID and that seemed to work. Unfortunately it has now erased 1000 carefully prepared and archived images because I think I downloaded Revel to my desktop and imported 50 new files into it. The new download is acting like a new version of Revel and has synced with my iPad and thinks that there are only 50 images in my library. This is all very frustrating. I wonder if it's worth all the hassle?

Paul

• 5. Re: Upload Problem with Revel

Did you have 2 separate accounts for Revel? Is your Adobe ID tied to a different email address than your Google account? The images should not be removed. It can be a frustrating move for some customers as they are not used to using Revel.

Let me know if you need further assistance

Thanks

Scott

• 6. Re: Upload Problem with Revel
                    diabaig Level 1

Hi Scott,

Looks like I inadvertently opened a second account for Revel. I did not know that could be done. My Adobe ID uses my usual e-mail address and my Google account uses Gmail, of course so, yes, they are tied to different addresses. I am in the process of redoing the images using some pretty fast Photoshop actions so I could have it all redone in a day or so. My question now is ... can I import to Revel from Photoshop or from iPhoto? Also, can I import albums or must I re-create the albums in Revel?

Thanks

Paul

• 7. Re: Upload Problem with Revel

Hi Paul,

There is not an direct connection from Revel to Iphoto, but there is for Photoshop Elements 11. Please see our FAQ Post

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5015088#5015088 to see the information of how to sync your Revel account to Photoshop Elements 11 if  you own that. You can import albums, but not group albums

Thanks

Scott