2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 8:47 AM by Luke Hodsdon

[AS] Moving copied text to the end of a Text frame with Applescript?

Luke Hodsdon

I'm trying to run an IF statement that eventually will check for 3 wild card characters (@,—," - ") and then copy that paragraph information into the end of another textbox that my script is also creating.

Here's a snippet of what i'm stuck on...

tell application "Adobe InDesign CS5"

repeat with i from 1 to (count of paragraphs)

try

tell paragraph i

set ThePage to my get_CurrentPage()

try

(*Check for wildcard " - "*)

if it contains " – " then

set applied paragraph style to "AD SIZE"

set Ad_Size to contents

set {This_Width, This_Height} to {"", ""}

repeat with This_Ad in Ad_Props

if Ad_Size contains (Ad_Label of This_Ad) then

set This_Width to Ad_Width of This_Ad

set This_Height to Ad_Height of This_Ad

exit repeat

end if

end repeat

set Ad_Box to my Make_Box(ThePage, {1.875, 10.875, This_Height + 1.875, This_Width + 10.875})

duplicate contents to (insertion point -1 of Ad_Box)

(*Check for wildcard "—"*)

else if it contains "—" then

set applied paragraph style to "AD REP"

(*Check for wildcard "©"*)

else if it starts with "©" then

set applied paragraph style to "AD PLACEMENT"

delete (character 1)

else

end if

end try

end tell

on error errmsg number errnum

display dialog "There has been an error " & "[" & i & "] (" & errmsg & " [" & errnum & "])" buttons {"Okay"} default button 1 with icon stop

end try

end repeat

end tell

The whole script makes the boxes like I need, but it's not moving the content to the Ad_Box. I think the problem is here:

But I can't figure out the right script. Racking my brain all day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Here's a block of text i'm using this with if it helps to visualize it:

1/4 –

Ad Name

P/U—SW

©12

FULL –

Ad Name

C/R—SW

©9

FULL –

Ad Name

C/R—SW

©5

Message was edited by: Luke Hodsdon (fixed coding & spelling mistakes)