• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Does Shockwave Flash Keeps Crashing In Firefox?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2013 Feb 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using adobe shockwave flash player with no problem for the last six years. Recently I brought a new computer, windows vista and downloaded the adobe reader and shockwave player.

Everytime I go to watch a video on the internet flash player would crash and a message would pop up saying, "Adobe Flash Player 11.5r502 Has Stopped Working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I'm using the latest release shockwave 11.5.502.149 and my computer doesn't have any malware or viruses on it.

I would appreciate it greatly if someone could help me with this problem as it means I can't watch any videos at all and because the flash player shuts down everytime I go on adobe.com or youtube, I'm force to disable the program just to stop the constant error messages from popping up.

Really would appreciate any help or advice on how to fix this problem.

I using firefox 19 if that helps.

Does anyone know what data execution prevention is? It keeps popping up after I close adobe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash & Shockwave are different players.

You are talking about flash (v11.5) player in the Shockwave player forum.

Update your flash player to 11.6.602.171 and if you still have problems, post them in the proper place ( http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer )

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

foodjewellerydirect wrote:

I'm using the latest release shockwave 11.5.502.149

The latest Flash Player version is 11.6.602.171; download it from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#main-pars_hea...

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines