4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2013 7:40 AM by rob day

How to fill a box with RGB (not CMYK)?

gator soup Level 4

i draw a rectangle and fill it like this:

RGB.png

Color Picker says RGB Color Space View, but my Exported PDF Object Inspector says it's CMYK

or am i missing something

i want the fill to be in RGB values so they export in RGB (no conversions)

• 1. Re: How to fill a box with RGB (not CMYK)?
          Petteri_Paananen Level 4

I´m not sure if color picker is the best way to choose RGB color, why don´t you just create a new RGB swatch or use Color Panel?

Did you use Export PDF for Print? If you did, what kind of setting did you have in your Export PDF / Output tab? Did you use Convert Colors option and have some CMYK destination space?

If that was the case then you should either use No Color Conversion method or change target profile to be some RGB one, like sRGB for instance. Or use Export Interactive PDF instead of PDF for Print.

• 2. Re: How to fill a box with RGB (not CMYK)?
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Notice the button that says Add CMYK Swatch? That means you had a CMYK field active and the color is defined as CMYK, and the view is the RGB conversion. TO actually define the color as RGB make sure you have an RGB field active (the button will change), but as Petteri mentioned, the color picker in ID is actually a really bad place to define colors.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to fill a box with RGB (not CMYK)?
              gator soup Level 4
              why don´t you just create a new RGB swatch or use Color Panel?

excellent, i found the RGB picker in the Color Panel from your clue

rgb.jpg

i am pretty sure this will do what i want, if not i will drop back in

thank you both very much...

• 4. Re: How to fill a box with RGB (not CMYK)?
                rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Color Picker says RGB Color Space View, but my Exported PDF Object Inspector says it's CMYK

I like the Color Picker because the view is big, it also lets you choose color managed CMYK mixes from the field. When you initially open the dialog the Add Swatch button is in the mode you last selected. In your capture it would change to RGB if you put your cursor in one of the RGB value fields