Having the same issue here. Have tried to follow instructions to generate log files but I think I am doing something wrong. Please elaboarate. I am getting messages that I do not have Photoshop 13, but of course I do (CreativeCloud and up to date).
Which OS are you using (Win 7, Mac 10.7, ...) ? Which extension are you trying to install? What's the Photoshop version (check it from "About Photoshop" dialog box) ?
Sorry should have given details. MacOS 10.7.5. Photoshop 13.1.2 uptodate I believe via CC. Upgraded to latest Extension Mgr via link in another post. Trying to instal Paper Textures Pro.
I can't install this extension with my account at present. Please generate log files using the steps below:
1. Open Finder.
2. Navigate to "Applications/Utilities".
3. Double click "Terminal.app" to launch it.
4. In the Terminal window, input the following command (including double quotation mark) then press "return" key.
cd "/Applications/Adobe Extension Manager CS6/Adobe Extension Manager CS6.app/Contents/MacOS"
5. Input the following command then press "return" key.
sudo touch ExManLog.YES
6. When being prompted, input the password of administrator user then press "return" key. A file named "ExManLog.YES" should have been created in this folder.
7. Try to install extension.
8. After installation failure, exit Extension Manager.
9. Get log files from "/Users/<UserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CS6/". Note that the folder "/Users/<UserName>/Library/" is hidden by default. You can open Finder, press "option" key when click menu item "Go"->"Library" to go into this folder.
Here is the log file. I think I might try uninstalling Pshop and
reinstalling when I get back. Photoshop is not listed in the Extension Mgr
So I uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and now it has installed properly. So possibly Photoshop was compromised. I periodically run Onyx, a maintenence utility, and I wonder if something was moved or removed. Re installing is not such a great solution, in that somethings were lost. Could we have a simple "back up all presets, user configurations" button? As part of the uninstall option.