2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2007 3:40 PM by Captiv8r

Recording in Proprietary Software

Wisconsin Deb Level 1
      I am attempting to do some recording of program training for a Meditech Magic product that our facility uses. However, Captivate is not capturing the information the same as it does when I would record a windows based product. Is there something that I need to do differently or a method to capture movement in the system and return demo for training purposes. Thanks for any help on this.

Deb
        • 1. Re: Recording in Proprietary Software
          macrofireball Level 3
          Hello Deb,

I have to capture screens from lots of proprietary software. My recommendation would be to install Adobe Captivate on a separate machine and then use a screen sharing program to capture screen action from the computer that the Meditech software is installed on.

HTH

Regards,
          Mark
          • 2. Re: Recording in Proprietary Software
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi Deb

If for some reason what my fellow Adobe Community Expert Mark suggested fails to work or otherwise can't be implemented, you might try simply pressing the Print Screen key to force capturing the screens if Captivate isn't recognizing when it should capture screens. As for mouse movement, don't sweat that. You can easily add it after the recording is complete. Mouse is simply an attribute of the slide and it doesn't need to be recorded in order to have it there.

Cheers... Rick