4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 11:13 AM by TVPOA Chan3

Text Styles

TVPOA Chan3 Level 1

Can anybody lead me to a complete set of instructions on modifying text styles.

I have just spent several hours experimenting with them and cannot seem to break the code. Anything that I found using the "Help" path was no help at all.

Quite specificly; How can I change the color of the glow effect such as is used on styles "Caslon Red 84" and "BellGothic 26"?  Both of them are included with the styles on PE11.

• 1. Re: Text Styles
          the_wine_snob Level 9

TVPOA,

Unfortunately, you have posted to the Tips & Tricks sub-forum, where most subscribers will not see the post. I will move this out to the main forum, so that you will get more responses. Your link and any e-mail subscriptions should function just the same.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Text Styles
            the_wine_snob Level 9

For the Caslon Red 84, for instance, once you have Selected the Text and applied the Style, go to the Text Tab, and choose Color (little "artist's palette" icon). There, you can change the Color, and in that Panel, you can change the Gradient, plus the Drop-Shadow.

Styles in PrE are a bit tricky, in that some Attributes will not be available, unless that particular Style includes, say Fill & Stroke. IMHO, it would be better if ALL Attributes could be added/adjusted, from just plain Text, or from an existing Style, regardless of which Attributes that Style has already.

Good luck, and hope that gets you started.

Hunt

• 3. Re: Text Styles
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

And, of course, you can check out my book as well as my free tutorials (in the lower left of this page).

http://Muvipix.com/pe11.php

• 4. Re: Text Styles
                TVPOA Chan3 Level 1

Boy do I ever agree with your comments about the text and Styles!

They are made even worse when the manual says things that are not true. For example that “all Styles include strokes”. They may be included but you can’t control them in any way. Back to the Caslon Red 84, it creates the glow effect by using the drop shadow, but there is no way to open the Stroke adjustment. I haven’t tried them all but at least half will not allow stroke adjustment. What I had been struggling to do was create a clear ellipse to highlight a button in some instructions (Image inserted). This is something that is very easy when the Fill and Stroke adjustments are available although they are not on many of the styles. I ended up going back into Prem. Pro 1.5 to generate a text file and importing it into PE11.

Enough Styles for the moment.

I was trying to use the keyframes to roll up a frame. I did eventually get there but at some point the mouse action started moving the timeline around no matter what I was trying to do. I tried everything I could think of to get the effect to stop. Eventually I saved my project and shut PE11 down, on restart it was back to normal.

Any suggestions?

HaroldElipse.jpg