• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a way to limit this unwanted proliferation of Conditional Build Tags (CBT)?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 28, 2013 Feb 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this simple topic with the following sentences marked as online only and a slight tweak to the original marked as print only:

2-28-2013 4-19-17 PM.jpg

In my mind, this would be a total of four CBTs:

An opening and closing tag that bound the online only (green) text.

An opening and closing tag that bound the print only (red) text.

Instead, any formatting or other change within each statement results in what seems like the addition of more unnecessary tags.

The items marked in yellow and red are what we think are not needed:

cbt_issue.jpg

Our translators have to reposition all these tags after localizing the text--in all the supported languages, and this seeming unnecessary proliferation of CBTs is creating headaches for them.

Even if I manually delete the unecessary ones in the HTML pane, when I go to the WYSIWYG mode and back to HMTL they're all back again.

I doubt it, but I'm wondering if there a way to control this or is this just a bad RH design? Or possibly, is this actually necessary for a reason that I don't understand?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It will depend on how you selected the text for applying the tags.

I suggest you right click and will likely see an option to Remove Attributes. Remove the tags that way.

Then start over. Without checking I agree it should be as you expect.

BTW. Did you post this question from within the OLH or direct to the forum in the normal way?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp