1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2013 10:13 AM by TimJaramillo

Change Location of Published Javascript Files

Joshua Delph Level 1

Hello!

I am using Edge Animate and really like it so far. I am wondering, however, in which js file and where I would make a change if I wanted to put the files in a folder other than the root directory. I have them stored in a "scripts" folder. I changed the location of the preload.js file and it worked. However, all it does is show the preload graphic and never actually loads the animation.

I was also wondering if there was a way to change the location of the images. I would like to have a folder with the animation images in it in order to keep them a little better organized.

Thank you ALL for your help!

-jD

• 1. Re: Change Location of Published Javascript Files
          TimJaramillo Level 4

Hi Joshua, see this thread for specifics on how to change paths to js files and images:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4815288

Here are all the places you need to change paths, in order to have ALL Edge assets in a separate directory, in this example this separate directory is called "edgeFiles".

In "yourEdgeFile.html":

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8" src="edgeFiles/yourEdgeFile_edgePreload.js"></script>

In "yourEdgeFile_edge.js":

var im='edgeFiles/images/';

* (also note that sometimes Edge doesn't prepend this "im" variable to all images, so you have to go through this file and replace any other references to 'images/' with the "im" variable)

In "yourEdgeFile_edgePreload.js":

Change paths to all js files in the "aLoader" array at bottom of file.