8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2013 2:17 AM by MichelBParis

Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11

bombola

My recently edited files do not show in the editor.  All the repairs, optimise etc have been done.  Photos have been saved as Jpeg and PSD and the check box to save in Organiser also ticked. Timeline does not show anything saved today and untagged media is not picking up anything.    Please  can someone help.  Many thanks

• 1. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
          Andromeda14 Level 3

Some queries/clarifications:

'My recently edited files do not show in the editor.' - What are the steps?

'Timeline does not show anything saved today' - Timeline in organizer doesn't work on date created rather it works (shows bars) on 'Date time original'. So timeline is not an indicator to check whether file is edited or not.

'untagged media is not picking up anything. ' - Please elaborate.

~Andromeda

• 2. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
            bombola Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me......  I have marked in red below re your queries.

As  i am still a beginner at all this stuff I appreciate all the help I can receive.

• 3. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
              99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Try clicking on the black arrow icon to expand version sets.

See image below.

expand-version-set-pse11.png

• 4. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
                Andromeda14 Level 3

Couldn't get your response (the one marked in red)?

~Andromeda

• 5. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
                  bombola Level 1

Hi,  Thank you for all your help....   I did a complete restore from my backup.  But I still seem to be having problems finding any edited photos in the Organiser. 

Up to yesterday , when I did an edit on a photo I could save it in the version set and that is OK. and also "save as" a copy and it would appear at the top of my photos in the Organiser..(Newest).    Now that has stopped working and  if I am lucky  I can find that photo back in the album that I took it from.  

Re the timeline I was not aware that it only worked on the original photo.  I thought it worked on when you worked on photos. Seems to be a bit odd..

I have tried everything under " Find" to look for photos but nothing  seems to work.  

It looks like a setting has changed....but I dont know what or how.  

• 6. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
                    bombola Level 1

Thanks for help but no... that is not my problem.

• 7. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
                      bombola Level 1

Has anyone out there able to tell me why the recently edited files do not show  as the newest in the Organiser  PSE11.    It worked fine and then just stopped.    How can I fix it please?

• 8. Re: Recently Edited Files not Showing in Organiser PSE11
                        MichelBParis Adobe Community Professional & MVP

bombola wrote:

Has anyone out there able to tell me why the recently edited files do not show  as the newest in the Organiser  PSE11.    It worked fine and then just stopped.    How can I fix it please?

It's because the sort order is based on 'date taken', the date and time when the picture was shot (if the camera is correctly set for the time...)

Edit:

There is no way to select pictures based on the last editing time (nothing in the Find menu, either by metadata or history). That information is only stored in Windows explorer.

If you want to keep track of your recently edited pictures, the only workaround I can see is to apply a keyword like 'new edit' each time you edit a picture. I suppose that such info is no longer needed after your editing batch, so you can select all those files and delete the keyword from all of them. The keyword is still available for the next editing batch.

Generally, people interested in seeing the  most recent edits use the editor to see the recent edits. You can set the preference to up to 30 recent files in edit/preference menu, file recording option.