I am using CQ5.6 and trying to enable ssl in author instance.
I followed the below mentioned document to configure Author instance.
I followed following steps from the document after installing CQ5.
1. Create a Credential for Development
2. Enable SSL on the Author Instance
I was assuming after this I will be able to configure the author instance with SSL.
But I tried accessing the instance using port 4433 which I configured for ssl.
Please let me know if anyone has resolved this issue.
Thanks in advance.
Documentation seems correct & you might have miss configured. It should work. Make sure Keystore is absolute path.
However you can reverify using my personal author configuration sample key attached The value for "Keystore Password" & "Key Password" is cq3keypass and Key Alias is myalias. Steps you need to follow are
1) Delete your current configuration.
2) Download mykey from  and store at <cq_home>/crx-quickstart/conf/
3) Install the package 
4) From crxde modify the property org.apache.felix.https.keystore to your exact absolue path at /apps/daycare/config.author/org.apache.felix.http
5) Save the changes.
6) After a minute access instance at https://localhost:4443
Once it works verify where you made a mistake.
You was right Sham, I was able to identify one step where I have made a mistake. Now I am able to configure the SSL and also able to configure only https access to the instance.