5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2013 7:57 AM by rob day

How do I see the document profile?

Ulrica123

In the left bottom of the InDesign window I think I've seen the document profile (like you do in Photoshop). I can't find it anywhere. Am I wrong or is it possible to see the document profile in a easy way like that or do I always have to click on the menu colour settings? I work with so many profiles and it's important to see it in a fast and easy way.

Thanks for your help.

• 1. Re: How do I see the document profile?
          PrintFusion45 Employee Moderator

Navigate to Window > Info. Keep the Info panel open. Now Open any document and click on an Image object to see the color profile within the info panel.

• 2. Re: How do I see the document profile?
            Ulrica123 Level 1

Hi and thank you for your answer.

All my images are always in AdobeRGB. What I want to know is the profile on the document.

Is it for coated paper, uncoated paper... and so on. If I remember correctly I can see the profile of the document in the bottom left corner of the InDesign window. Just were the preflight-info is.

When I do a pdf I export it to a general setting that doesn't have a specific profile (since I use the profile that is in the InDesign document).

• 3. Re: How do I see the document profile?
              PrintFusion45 Employee Moderator

The current working profile is visible in Photoshop on the bottom left corner and not inside InDesign. You can check the working document profile from either the Color Settings menu or the View > Proof Setup where it shows the Document CMYK and Working CMYK if your current working profile is a CMYK profile.

• 4. Re: How do I see the document profile?
                Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You can see the currently assigned working spaces by going to Edit > Convert to Profile....

Unless you've changed them manually, or the file comes from someone else, though, the current working spaces will be those listed in your color settings, which ought to be synched across the suite, and are probably burned into your brain. I understand, though, that you may have a large variety of output needs so that one set of color settings doesn't work and you find the need to assign different profiles on a per-document basis.

• 5. Re: How do I see the document profile?
                  rob day Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Am I wrong or is it possible to see the document profile in a easy way like that or do I always have to click on the menu colour settings?

The fastest way would be the Window>Proof Setup where the document profile always is listed (shnath's #3).

Color Settings doesn't really work because the Working Spaces would only manage the document if you had your CM Policy set to Off when the doc was created. The other policies automatically assign a profile on doc creation, so the working space might coincidentally match but isn't actually the document profile.