We are using RoboHelp 9 on a Windows 7 platform.
I have two questions about the Index tab in the CHM output.
1. Is there a way to change the index entries, so that they function with a single click instead of a double-click (or single click + Display)?
2. Is there a way to change the font color or format?
This is what we have tried:
1. In Single Source Layouts, right-click Microsoft HTML Help, and select Properties.
2. Click Edit beside Advanced Settings.
3. On the Index tab, click Select Font.
4. On the Font window, all we can do is select the Font and the font Size. All other options are grayed out 100% of the time.
It doesn't seem to matter whether or not we use a binary index, or set Microsoft HTML Help as the primary layout.
How do we activate the font formatting options for the index entries in the CHM output?
Thank you in advance.
Sorry, but it is what it is with CHM format because it's presented using the HTML Help viewer.
If you were to upgrade to version 10 of RoboHelp, it offers a script that allows you to generate a WebHelp output using a skin and present that from inside the CHM file. In that case things would work as you are wanting.
Of course you can also do this in CHM with version 9 and earlier, but it's tricksy to accomplish with many potential pitfalls.