• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Double Page view in Digital Editions 2.0?

Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double Page feature is missing in the ADE 2.0. I have tried to find it, I have used the short keys, and I know that there was such an option in previous versions. I have read other comments here about the same thing. But no answer from the Adobe Support. I did chat tonight with a representative from Adobe, but he couldn' help me. In the list of products with support there are just ADE 1 and 1.7. How is it possible with a product without support? I would like to get an answer from Adobe and to know if you are working on the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Just checked on 1.7.2 and that goes to 2 page view automatically once the window is wide enough.  I can't find any explicity option to setting/unsetting it.

It may be that if you reduce all the 'furniture' around the page view as much as possible you will get 2.0 to give you double page ...???

There are lots of bugs in 2.0; it wasn't just the support they skimped on, but design, development and test as well.

I reverted to 1.7.2 because of bugs in 2.0 for Sony eReader, but lots of others have found

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checked on 1.7.2 and that goes to 2 page view automatically once the window is wide enough.  I can't find any explicity option to setting/unsetting it.

It may be that if you reduce all the 'furniture' around the page view as much as possible you will get 2.0 to give you double page ...???

There are lots of bugs in 2.0; it wasn't just the support they skimped on, but design, development and test as well.

I reverted to 1.7.2 because of bugs in 2.0 for Sony eReader, but lots of others have found it solved their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2013 Mar 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha - now I found it! Thanks a lot. It was just to do as you suggested. I just pulled the window as much to the left as possible, and then it turned to a double page view. Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2013 Mar 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to work with PDF books.   I can't get two pages side by side.  Is this a bug that still needs to be fixed or am I missing something?  I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On 1.7.2 there is a 'menu~Reading~Fit double pages' for pdfs.

The first page appears alone, to keep the convention of even/odd page pairs.

Not sure on 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good suggestion but it must be only on 1.7.2.  Can't find that option in 2.0.  I wish I hadn't upgraded before checking out the deltas in features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish I hadn't upgraded before checking out the deltas in features.

To my mind you didn't upgrade to v2.0, you downgraded.

At least it is very easy to uninstall v2.0 and reinstall 1.7.2.

I understand it is perfectly easy to run both in parallel as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines