4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2007 11:06 AM by Greg Dove

Adobe Website even generates Flash Error

cayennecode Level 1
      And I'm not referring to try/catch statements.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Popup Error Message:

RangeError: Index '0' specified is out of bounds.
      at mx.collections::ListCollectionView/getItemAt()
      at com.adobe.feedreader.commands::GetSettingsCommand/updateProductsModel()
      at com.adobe.feedreader.commands::GetSettingsCommand/settingsFileLoaded()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
      at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
      at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

• 1. Re: Adobe Website even generates Flash Error
          Greg Dove Level 4
          But that's only if you're running the debug player, right?

(Perhaps you have flashtracer installed in firefox?)
          Is so I would assume that's normal for the debug player. It is, after all, for debugging. And would only (presumably) be used by developers.

The fact that Adobe has an error that page is probably not normal...;-) in fact no flash content showed when I used a non-debug player (and no error), which is the first time I've seen that.
          • 2. Re: Adobe Website even generates Flash Error
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            lol. that's pretty funny that they have a coding error. (though i suspect it's a component issue.)
            • 3. Re: Adobe Website even generates Flash Error
              cayennecode Level 1
              Im not sure whether or not these error messages popupl for debug players only. I would still expect to be able to disable them with a global setting in the swf.
              • 4. Re: Adobe Website even generates Flash Error
                Greg Dove Level 4
                Its only doing that with a debug player for me. And its what I would expect using a debug player I guess.

If you are using flashtracer, make sure you install flashswitcher as well - its a quick way for you to check - but flashtracer only works with the debug player, so you need to be able to switch back if you use it. You will need to put the debug player into the flashswitcher player options directories, because I don't think its included with the players options that come with flashswitcher.

I don't know if any of the beta releases from adobe labs might exhibit the same behaviour as the debug player, but personally I would expect this from a debug player. If I want to test it in a regular player I just switch using flashswitcher.