5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 10:33 AM by Pattie F

Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent

earl.83

On Photoshop.com I used to be able to share my gallery which then enabled people to look at all of my albums, how do I do the equivilent on Revel as I only appear able to share albums individually.

• 1. Re: Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Earl

Please see our FAQ Forum post "How do I share my photos in Revel" http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1157995?tstart=0

You can share an entire library of albums with other users. I was just testing the features of sharing the libraries as others can view, download images, add favorite stars to images and change the album titles to your of your album.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent
            earl.83 Level 1

So far as I can tell the link does not tell how you share a library of albums, just individual albums. Further I do not want to share albums via inviting contacts to view the album via email, for example on photoshop.com I could paste a link to my gallery on Facebook then my Facebook contacts could view albums at their descretion.

Out of interest did Adobe actually consult users of photoshop.com about features and the move to Revel.

• 3. Re: Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent
              Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Earl,

When you click on the "people" share icon to share an album, you can copy the link to give to others to view the album with out having to invite others to view the album. A benefit of this method is that  you can share out the link and disable downloads if you wish to restrict others from downloading your images if you want. It can be treated to act like a gallery. I have shared out links like this to others and it works great. I have the screen shots in the link that I sent you prior.

I hope this clarifys your question. Please let me know if you need any other help with your albums.

Thanks

Scott

• 4. Re: Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent
                earl.83 Level 1

As I said I am not looking to share an album individually I want to share all my albums collectively with one link as was feasible under photoshop.com - the method you propose would require sharing over 20 links, which is hardly convenient.

• 5. Re: Photoshop.com gallery, Revel sharing equivilent
                  Pattie F Employee Moderator

There is not currently an option to share a link to a library as you did in Photoshop.com. The two options currently available in Revel are :

1) make a collaborative share of a library with trusted others. They can upload, download, edit, and delete files.

2) share a specific library and send or post the link to those you wish to share with. They can only view. You can disable downloads.

Sharing options may be enhanced in the future, but for clarity, these are the two options released currently.

I hope that helps.

Pattie