8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2013 6:50 AM by Nedzuli

Adobe media downloader froze

Nedzuli

I was downloading my 2800 pictures from photoshop dot com onto a temporary computer I'm using untill mine is repaired. The media downloader froze two thirds of the way through. A restart didn't help. I uninstalled and re-installed but still no go.I get a tiny fraction of the screen showing the program is there, but that's all. Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
          Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hello Nedzuli

Do you know if its a specific large image or video that could be causing the media downloader to freeze? Have you tried to download your images in batches of 500 to see if you can? Does media dowloader freeze each time about two thirds through? Have you tried closing all other programs and test? Do you have just images or is there any other media file formats in your account? Are you saving the files to an external drive or to an internal hard drive? internal would be best to download to first.

Let me know if the smaller batches work

Thanks

Scott

• 2. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
            Nedzuli Level 1

Thanks Scott,

There aren't any large images or videos-just JPEGs. The downloader froze at about 2 thirds and now it doesn't work at all, so I can't try anything else until I find a way to get the downloader to work. And yes I was downloading right to my PC hard drive. The downloader automatically saves to a file of it's own in the picture library on WIN7 machines.

At this point I have to figure out how to get the downloader program working again or uninstall/reinstall and try again.

N

• 3. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
              Scott V Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Nedzuli,

Thanks for the update. Have you tried turning rebooting with out any start up items to see if there was any software running in the background to see if that could be causing the freeze?  Have you been able to upload smaller batches at all?

You might try reinstalling the downloader

Thanks

Scott

• 4. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
                smriti mehra Adobe Employee

Hi Nedzuli,

Looks like the cache has got corrupted and that is why you are seeing a small screen of downloader and cannot take any action on it.

Please delete the following folder and restart the downloader. This should help you resolve the issue.

WIN : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-num ber>\Local Store\

Please let us know if this worked.

Thanks,

Smriti

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
                  Amreek.. Level 1

Hello,

I addition to what smriti already suggested before starting you downloader please make sure you have the latest Air Runtime. You can get the latest Air runtime here http://get.adobe.com/air/

Also was your machine running a lot of other applications while downloader was running. An over loaded system can also cause applications to crash.

Hope this helps.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
                    Nedzuli Level 1

Thanks folks .Amreek-the Air Runtime is good.

Smriti-I will try your suggestion tonight.

Thanks again

• 7. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
                      smriti mehra Adobe Employee

Hi,

Just wanted to check if you managed to download all your files.

Thanks,

Smriti

• 8. Re: Adobe media downloader froze
                        Nedzuli Level 1

Thanks Smriti and thanks to Pattie as well.

The answer is no it never got working again.

For now I have them all backed up on another machine and I will continue to back up new photos to the backup machine. I understand the online library is being migrated to Revel and at present Revel does not have any bulk download capability

Let's see what happens with Revel.