2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2013 8:14 AM by Curt Y

Liquify shows jagged image when liquifying at more than 100%

Margaret_Allmond

Hello

Well, that`s the problem. I recently changed my video card and liquify started working a different way. The video card I have now is ATI RADEON HD 5850 DDR5, 1gb. And the computer I have is:

QuadCore Intel Core i7 920, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)

Motherboard: DX58SO (1 PCI, 1 PCI-E x4, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

RAM: 6 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (1024 MB)

Hard Drive: 1TB western digital, 4 partitions, 73gb free space in total and 13gb free on C Drive.

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Photoshop CS6.

This are the things that happened after installing the new Video Card:

- I used to work with the PUSH LEFT tool on Brush Pressure 1. Now, to achieve the same effect (the same kind of pressure), I have to use a higher number, like 6 o 7.

- When liquifying the image at more than 100%, the image gets jagged. I can't do any precise work like this, because I'm not seeing the image correctly, the pixels are shifted, the lines jagged. If I go back to 100% the image looks normal again.

I already tryied on the Preference panel to change the options of the video card but the problem persists. The way I have it set up now is this:

preferences.jpg

I need to do some precise works on small areas of the image so this is quie a problem for me. Any suggestions, ideas?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!

Margaret.