6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2017 11:23 AM by Trevor_Asq

Newbie (to PPro) questions...

Trevor_Asq Level 3

Coming from an FCP7 / Avid / FCPx background... but liking lots of PPro features....

Is there a:

'Reveal in Project' from source window (i.e. 'find bin') button?

Indication that clip is scaled to frame size?

Possible to Subclip from Media Browser? (also is there an option for Media Browser video to display in source window?)

Implementation of single video window.? (i.e. rather than source *and* record)

Ability to find material outside subclip limits (i.e. match from subclip to master clip, ability to trim subclip beyond its limits etc)?

A way of editing a subclip without affecting any sequences containing that subclip (I guess duplicate is an option)?

Way of viewing multiple tracks in timecode window?

Way of having out of sync indicators work for all parts of a clip (i.e. if I add edits to video track only the first chunk has the sync indicators working)?

Making Vertical movements of clips with keyboard?

Way of having 'mark clip' work in source monitor (to mark whole clip)?

Way of Autopatching? (i.e. I have V on source side and V4 on TL selected - don't make me patch as well.

Way of editing from one sequence into another (i.e. inc patching tracks)

Option to set default option for 4 point editing (ignore source out should be default) and thus not have to bring up the 'fit clip' dialogue?

Separate keyboard shortcut for 'fit to fill'?

Way to view clip label colors on Multicam clip in timeline (instead of green)?

Next/Prevous angle in multicam? (should be cut to and switch to options)

Cut to Angle x in timeline (seem to have to be in multicam window)

Switch to Angle x in timeline (i.e. don't change cut points just switch whole clip to this angle)

Waveforms don't seem to work when nested in Multicam?

Way of automatically adding head / tail fades? (i.e. from CTI to end of clip for tail fade - obeying track selection)

• 1. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
          lasvideo Level 4

I strongly advice you to buy this book. It will help answer these questions and teach you  a million other things you should know.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0321840062

• 2. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
            Jim_Simon Level 8

That's a lot of questions.  See if any are answered here, and let us know which ones aren't.

http://provideocoalition.com/ssimmons/story/105_adobe_premiere_pro_cs6_questions_answered/

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might want to see the tutorial list in message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/message/2276578

• 4. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
                Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

I thought the response you got on another forum had pretty good answers to some your questions: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/936929#936931

• 5. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
                  Trevor_Asq Level 3

Yes, as suspected they are mostly feature requests.... have been forwarded accordingly.

Thanks all.

• 6. Re: Newbie (to PPro) questions...
                    Trevor_Asq Level 3

4 years down the line and here's a few answers to these in case anyone stumbles across  in a search:

'Reveal in Project' from source window (i.e. 'find bin') button?

-- Yes 'reveal in project' in source window finds that clip in project, in timeline finds the selected clip in project and does not have a function in the program window. There is a 'reveal sequence in project' command in the timeline window

Indication that clip is scaled to frame size?

-- No. If 'set to frame size' then FX icon is yellow. Not sure why anyone would 'scale to frame size' anyway

Possible to Subclip from Media Browser? (also is there an option for Media Browser video to display in source window?)

-- Can now load in source window from media browser.

Implementation of single video window.? (i.e. rather than source *and* record)

-- Yes put source & prog in same panel and use 'toggle source/program focus' to switch

Ability to find material outside subclip limits (i.e. match from subclip to master clip, ability to trim subclip beyond its limits etc)?

-- not sure I ever got a satisfactory answer on this. There is now an option to make sub clip limits soft when creating

A way of editing a subclip without affecting any sequences containing that subclip (I guess duplicate is an option)?

-- not even sure what I meant by this. Mostly avoid sub clips anyway

Way of viewing multiple tracks in timecode window?

-- no, only in overlays

Way of having out of sync indicators work for all parts of a clip (i.e. if I add edits to video track only the first chunk has the sync indicators working)?

-- they fixed this

Making Vertical movements of clips with keyboard?

-- Alt & up/down

Way of having 'mark clip' work in source monitor (to mark whole clip)?

-- still not working

Way of Autopatching? (i.e. I have V on source side and V4 on TL selected - don't make me patch as well.

-- still one of my top #10 FRs

Way of editing from one sequence into another (i.e. inc patching tracks)

-- yes 'open in source monitor' & deselect 'insert sequences as nests'

Option to set default option for 4 point editing (ignore source out should be default) and thus not have to bring up the 'fit clip' dialogue?

-- yes in prefs

Separate keyboard shortcut for 'fit to fill'?

-- still missing ( have to enable 'fit clip dialog' in prefs)

Way to view clip label colors on Multicam clip in timeline (instead of green)?

-- change label before editing in OR right click & change label on clip in timeline

Next/Prevous angle in multicam? (should be cut to and switch to options)

-- yes there is now select next/previous camera

Cut to Angle x in timeline (seem to have to be in multicam window)

-- works now

Switch to Angle x in timeline (i.e. don't change cut points just switch whole clip to this angle)

-- works now

Waveforms don't seem to work when nested in Multicam?

-- need to 'render audio'

Way of automatically adding head / tail fades? (i.e. from CTI to end of clip for tail fade - obeying track selection)

-- not yet