2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2013 3:20 PM by TimJaramillo

Can this be re-created in Edge? (Moving Images)

AdrianBibby Level 1

Notice how the liquid moves around the page on the website with your mouse, can this be re-created in Edge and if so, how? I'm not too fussed about the text, its just the moving images on top of eachother that I want to try and recreate.

Thanks for your help in advance.

• 1. Re: Can this be re-created in Edge? (Moving Images)
          elainecc Adobe Employee

Hi, Adrian-

I recently posted a link to a project that Ume-san posted in our preview, which I think reflects what you want it to do.  Instructions on how to use the animation is in the forum link.

Hope that helps!

• 2. Re: Can this be re-created in Edge? (Moving Images)
            TimJaramillo Level 4

Hi Adrian, here is an example of parallax, reacting to the user's mouse position.

Code on Stage.mousemove event:

sym.onMouseMove(e.pageX, e.pageY);

Code on Stage.compositionReady event:

var stageWidth = $('#Stage').width();

var stageHeight = $('#Stage').height();

// boat

var boatMinPosX = -58;

var boatMaxPosX = 50;

var boatMinPosY = 400;

var boatMaxPosY = 420;

// sunset

var sunsetMinPosX = -180;

var sunsetMaxPosX = 0;

sym.onMouseMove = function( pageX, pageY ){

// move boat

var boatRequestPosX = sym.getTranslation(0, stageWidth, boatMinPosX, boatMaxPosX, pageX);

var boatRequestPosY = sym.getTranslation(0, stageHeight, boatMinPosY, boatMaxPosY, pageY);

sym.$("boat").css({left:boatRequestPosX, top:boatRequestPosY});

// testing

var boatPosX = sym.$("boat").css("left");

// move sunset

var sunsetRequestPosX = sym.getTranslation(0, stageWidth, sunsetMinPosX, sunsetMaxPosX, pageX);

// utility function

* minInput                              minimum Number of  input scale

* maxInput                              maximum Number of  input scale

* minOutput                              minimum Number of  output scale

* maxOutput                              maximum Number of  output scale

* inputNumber                    Number in input scale to be translated

sym.getTranslation = function(minInput, maxInput, minOutput, maxOutput, inputNumber) {

var translatedVal = ((inputNumber - minInput) * (maxOutput -minOutput)/(maxInput - minInput) ) + minOutput;

return translatedVal;