17 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2013 3:38 PM by John T Smith

Render=Crash

Huntrex Level 2

It seems I've uncovered another bug... When rendering (AME or direct export from PPRO CS6), the app crashes. No certain point, although usually in the second pass (H.264).

From the Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Adobe Media Encoder.exe, version: 6.0.3.1, time stamp: 0x50575647

Faulting module name: mc_enc_avc.dll, version: 9.1.7.3633, time stamp: 0x50292555
      Exception code: 0xc0000005
      Fault offset: 0x00000000000dfb74
      Faulting process id: 0x1430
      Faulting application start time: 0x01ce17b61ea415b9
      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6\Adobe Media Encoder.exe
      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder CS6\mc_enc_avc.dll
      Report Id: 7a33b540-83b0-11e2-b7af-00224d8921b1

This happens regardless of having GPU acceleration on. I've been having a bug with that too, but that's another story.

• 1. Re: Render=Crash
          Huntrex Level 2

I should specify that by rendering, I mean exporting.

• 2. Re: Render=Crash
            Kevin-Monahan Adobe Employee

Can you run a test with a different output codec? That would narrow it down a little.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Render=Crash
              Jim_Simon Level 8
              • 4. Re: Render=Crash
                Huntrex Level 2

Kevin, I just attempted an H.264 export on an hour and a half timeline and immediately received the same error as above. Then I tried MPG2 and everything worked perfectly.

Is there an issue with Premiere's H.264 encoder?

Thanks,

Mitch

• 5. Re: Render=Crash
                  John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You MAY have a CPU heat issue, since I **think** the computer has different effort levels for different export codecs

Do you have a hardware utility installed to monitor your CPU and other temps?

• 6. Re: Render=Crash
                    Huntrex Level 2

Sadly, this issue persists in version CC. I'm attempting an H.264 render and at 38% it freezes and error reporting pops up. As an alternative, I attempted to encode a WMV and it crashed at 19%. This is unacceptable.

The error messages follow.

H.264:

Fault bucket 120193513, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: -338828995

Problem signature:

P1: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

P2: 7.0.1.105

P3: 51cbdef8

P4: mc_enc_avc.dll

P5: 9.6.9.1178

P6: 51af38c3

P7: c0000005

P8: 00000000000e2f58

WMV:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cbdef8

Faulting module name: ImageRenderer.dll, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cb961e

Fault offset: 0x000000000004964a

Faulting process id: 0x1fb4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cec52e54597a87

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\ImageRenderer.dll

Report Id: 7a416b73-3122-11e3-83fb-00224d8921b1

Thanks for any light you may shed on the situation.

• 7. Re: Render=Crash
                      Huntrex Level 2

I believe I've answered my own question. I checked my timeline at 38% (that was a two-pass WMV) and found an image. It was a scan that I determined to be unusually large. A quick trip to Photoshop to resize, and now I'm good as gold!

• 8. Re: Render=Crash
                        Huntrex Level 2

Around and around we go! Now I'm trying to export a H.264 Blu-ray and it crashed at 29%, twice. I really thought Premiere was more solid than this. I'm getting apprehensive on using it for larger projects.

Error report:

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 7.0.1.105, time stamp: 0x51cbdef8

Faulting module name: mc_enc_avc.dll, version: 9.6.9.1178, time stamp: 0x51af38c3

Fault offset: 0x00000000000e2f58

Faulting process id: 0x908

Faulting application start time: 0x01cec5c7e69004d5

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\mc_enc_avc.dll

Report Id: bb491041-31bb-11e3-960d-00224d8921b1

Afterwards I did an export to MPEG2 DVD and it managed to complete. I love Premiere, I just wish it was more stable.

• 9. Re: Render=Crash
                          Huntrex Level 2

This is terrible! I'm now trying a MPEG 2 Blu-ray and it just hung. I seriously don't know what to do. I have to cross my fingers every time I do an encode. I'm quickly loosing confidence in my preferred editor.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:          BEX64

Application Name:          Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version:          7.0.1.105

Application Timestamp:          51cbdef8

Fault Module Name:          StackHash_c84c

Fault Module Version:          0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp:          00000000

Exception Offset:          000007ff316c68a1

Exception Code:          c0000005

Exception Data:          0000000000000008

OS Version:          6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID:          1033

Additional Information 1:          c84c

Additional Information 2:          c84c26d6494be6d85bfa4f52a28710d1

Additional Information 3:          aeb4

Additional Information 4:          aeb40058147c48c5ca2963a943da3a87

• 10. Re: Render=Crash

Hi Huntrex,

Sorry for your troubles. This sounds like a hardware or system problem, as others can export these files without issue. I hope I can help you isolate the issue. Can you tell us more info about your system and workflow?

FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 11. Re: Render=Crash
                              Huntrex Level 2

Thank you Kevin. I'm running CC with latest updates, on Windows 7. The project consists of multicam footage from a 7D (MOV), XH A1 (HDV), a lumix dmc-fz200 (AVCHD), and still images from various sources. I noticed the multicam was laggy at times, and actually resulted in a number of crashes while editing (when moving playhead or starting playback especially- rendering the audio helped). When I go through enough formats, it usually finds one that doesn't kill it. I really don't want that to be my determining factor for which format to use though.

I have no other software installed to speak of (just backup and device software)- this is a dedicated machine. It's an ADK machine with an i7-3770k, 16GB RAM, and a GTX 670. I have GPU acceleration on.

• 12. Re: Render=Crash
                                Huntrex Level 2

I just tried to encode with the Media Encoder, hoping that would make a difference. Nope. Still get a similar error and crash.

I'm just glad I got it to encode once. Any ideas?

• 13. Re: Render=Crash

Any oversized still images? If any are too large, you can crash.

• 14. Re: Render=Crash
                                    Huntrex Level 2

Kevin, as a test I removed all images from the project and did a render. It crashed at 4% that time. On one of the renders I received a blue screen saying "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval."

I'm wondering if this issue goes much deeper.

• 15. Re: Render=Crash

>received a blue screen... wondering if this issue goes much deeper

Read Bill Hunt on BSOD http://forums.adobe.com/thread/772169

• 16. Re: Render=Crash
                                        Huntrex Level 2

Okay, just got off the phone with tech support. It seems that my system was overclocked (without my consent) before being shipped to me. The settings were incorrect, and caused havoc whenever attempting a long render.

Thank goodness it's fixed now, and I'm hoping for a considerably less bumpy path ahead (not likely, considering the Encore Blu-ray error I just received).

• 17. Re: Render=Crash

I am "only" a home video hobbyist, so a bit of extra time is not a big deal... which means that I will NEVER overclock!!!

If you don't get everything EXACTLY right, you don't have faster, you have not working reliably