6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 1:16 PM by kglad RSS

"Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible

vbalmori

I am trying to export some audio files with Sound Properties > Export for ActionScript. However, for some reason the "Class" box is greyed out and unaccessible. I've tried out a number of different files: .mp3, .wav,  .aif, but Class is still greyed out.

What is the problem? Is there some sort of workaround?

• 1. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
          Nabren Community Member

What version of Flash are you using? What's the bitrate of the sound?

I assume it is in the library and you are doing the following:  Right Click -> Properties -> ActionScript -> Trying to check the "Export for ActionScript" checkbox and it is grayed out?

What you are doing should definitely work as far as I know because I am pretty sure the sound doesn't even import into Flash if the bitrate is too high but still something to check.

• 2. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
            kglad ACP/MVP

i'm not sure where you see Sound Properties but you should be right clicking your sound in the library panel>click properties>tick export for actionscript and the class and base class fields should be filed in and editable.

• 3. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
              vbalmori Community Member

I just found out that the reason the reason why it was not editable is because the document has been set up for Actionscript 1.0 and 2.0, not 3.0. I tried to follow this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Ai4-j0bUc on how to export sound to actionscript.

I've been trying to find the Actionscript 1.0/2.0 version of that workflow to set up a sound, volume, play, frame range, play increment, etc. Is it essentially the same coding?

import flash.media.SoundTransform

import flash.media.SoundMixer

SoundMixer.stopAll()

// The section below imports the sound you just "Exported for Actionscript"

// Replace "sound" with the "Class" name you put in the ActionScript tab for the audio clip

// ** If there is more than one sound, then copy & paste the line below and rename the "sound1" and "sound" to each new audio.

// ** Do the same process with the ".play" line at the bottom of the program

var sound1 = new sound();

// Section below controls the audio volume. Range is between 0-1.

// Example:  .5 >>>> 50% volume

var myvolume:SoundTransform = new SoundTransform(.5);

// Below controls the

// (<starting frame within audio track>, <frame increment or how fast the track plays>,<Connects to Volume - ignore it>)

sound1.play(0, 1, myvolume);

• 4. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
                kglad ACP/MVP

no.  the coding will be substantially different for as2.

to start, you'll need to use a linkage id (eg, soundID) for your sound, not a class name.

then you'll need to apply attachSound to a sound instance.

var s:Sound=new Sound();

s.attachSound("soundID");

s.start();

and then the differences continue:

• 5. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
                  vbalmori Community Member

Thanks for the reply! I am wondering if it is possible to use actionscript to properly stop ALL the sound in a scene when a button is pressed. Both a "forward" and "back" buttons are set up and are each in their own respective layers. There are also images that have been set up as buttons that produce a sound when pressed. However, even when I put the code below in the forward/back buttons, the scene audio from those image buttons continues until finished. Note that the sound files are on the timeline on their own layers within the symbols.

on(release)

{

stopAllSounds();

{

Are only the sounds that are imported/linked into ActionScript able to be stopped by the "stop" functions?

• 6. Re: "Class" for Exporting for ActionScript not accessible
                    kglad ACP/MVP

stopAllSounds() will stop all sounds, no matter how they started, that are playing at the time it executes.  however, it does not stop a sound from starting and continuing to play after it executes.