2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 11:45 PM by mizakr

Terminate Workflow with Feedback

mizakr

hi guys,

how can I show a message "Workflow could not be completed" when Workflow is Terminated?

I try to create "Dynamic Participant Step" but not always the parameter will be correct --> then the workflow should be terminated and an author should get a feedback that something goes wrong..

I try with "throw new WorkflowException(...);" but then the Workflow is terminated without any feedback that somethig goes wrong..

I also try with "return null" - then the Author get a message ""Workflow could not be completed" but only if before this step is a participant step.

When before is a Process Step, then the wrong step is repeated 4 times --> the workflow goes in STALE state and an author get any message...

• 1. Re: Terminate Workflow with Feedback
          rush_pawan Level 4

Hi,

To cross check, when you throws an exception you dont throw exception based on raised exception like

throw new WorkflowException(e);   // where e is an exception

instead do

String message = "Message you want to show";

throw new WorkflowException(message);

Also try to check your process step implementation for other issue, it seems that you are terminating your process step wrong, otherwise above will so the correct message.

Thanks,

Pawan

• 2. Re: Terminate Workflow with Feedback
            mizakr Level 1

Hi,

I terminate Workflow like this:

if (...) {

return "some_group";

} else {

session.terminateWorkflow(item.getWorkflow());

throw new WorkflowException(new Message("Reason"));

}

so it seems to be correct.. what you think?