2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 2:00 AM by awilson3rd

Embedding into a web page & background sound.

awilson3rd

Hello,

I am looking for some advise on embedding an adobe edge animation into a web page.

It's more complex than it sounds unfortunately for me because I don't have any coding knowledge.

I have a web page with a flash version of the animation. I want to add the edge animation to the same page but only play

if the device does not have or support the flash player. So, if flash is installed I want the flash version to run. If no flash (ipads, etc) then

the edge version should play. I know many people choose the other way around but while I am learning edge the flash version is

much better so I would prefer the flash version to play primarily.

Onto the sound element. I have background music playing for the flash file (the music is built into the flash animation. I am not sure

how I can do this with the edge animation. Presummably it would need to be coded into the acutal HTML page with some sort of

HTML5 tag? But the problem I see here is that if the flash version starts to play the HTML5 version would start to play too in browsers

which support flash AND HTML5 tags.

I would appreicate any advise.

Thanks

Andrew