3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 9:07 AM by Sham HC

Problem while creating new components

anderson.nt Level 1

I'm new to components. I'm trying to develop a custom component and my own components.

For this I copied ‘text with image’ component  and I did some changes in dialog and jsp file and I renamed that component into ‘test’ component

But this ‘test’ component  is not showing in General group in design mode. Also I searched in all the gropes that components is not there.  Do I need to register this test component in somewhere to display in design mode?

And also I was thinking to do somechanges in pasys comp, So i copied parsys component from foundation path. I did not change anything on this. I just included that component in my jsp file like

<cq:include path="test-out" resourceType="apps/Mywebsite/components/parsys" />

But this component  is not coming in page. Do I need to register this parsys component in somewhere to display it in page?

Please suggest some liks or answer.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Problem while creating new components
          HarishDv Level 1

Hi anderson ,

Firstly to show  your component in the design mode you have to add a property named "componentGroup" and the value of the group in which you need this component to be displayed.

For displaying in general mode allowed parents property should be set to */parsys.

Dont forget to change the jcr:title to "test".

Secondly  for this <cq:include path="test-out" resourceType="apps/Mywebsite/components/parsys" />

you can either use

<cq:include path="test-out" resourceType="foundation/components/parsys" />

or you can use the relative path , which might look something like
          <cq:include path="test-out" resourceType="components/parsys" />
          Thanks,
          Harish

• 2. Re: Problem while creating new components
            anderson.nt Level 1

Hi Harish,

All the property values are correct in my component as you said in your mail.

Actually what I did is simple copy the existing Text & Image component and pasted in my application and I renamed Text & Image into ‘te’ and also I changed jcr:title value into ‘te’

And componentGroup and allowedParents values are also correct. Please find the below my node properties values. I wonder why my “te” component is not coming in design model under General category when I edit my parsys component.

Please let me know what needs to be done to make it available.comp.png

• 3. Re: Problem while creating new components
              Sham HC Level 7

Hi anderson,

Steps seems correct. Though looks strange. In the general mode select entire General Group category & then go to edit mode. See if your custom component is listed in sidekick.

Thanks,

Sham