3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 10:16 AM by nealeh

How big is the print in Steve Grisetti's book?

Tommyvincent Level 1

I did all the exercises in Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Classroom in a Book. I learned a lot from the book but I also got a bad case of eyestrain. The print is no bigger than a gnat's dick. Is the print size in Steve Grisetti's Muvipix.com Guide to Element 11 a decent size? Maybe Steve could tell me what size. I want to send for it today or tomorrow at Amazon - $24.95.

I'm just doing simple stuff for my videos but I'd like to know about the advanced options too in case some day I film an epic like Quo Vadis.

• 1. Re: How big is the print in Steve Grisetti's book?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The text is Myriad Pro 9.5 pt, Tommy, if that means anything.

I can't promise that a lot bigger than what's in Classroom in a Book, but it's a sans serif font so it's easier on the eyes.

If you go to this page, there's a sample chapter. You can print out a page or two at 100% actual size, I think, and get a good idea of what it looks like.

http://muvipix.com/pe11.php

• 2. Re: How big is the print in Steve Grisetti's book?
            Tommyvincent Level 1

Steve,

I printed out the table of contents and the sample chapter using 100%. The print is too small for me to read. The first page looks great - comfortable to read, but this is 14.00 X 10.00 iinches. The next pages came out of the printer at 7.00 X 10.00 inches. I'd need a magnifying glass for this. Too bad. I know I'd learn a great deal from your book.

Last month I got Photoshop Elements 11 for Dummies. The print size is perfect even under the graphics. And with this book there is none of that gratuitous humor that you often see in the Dummies books.

I should  probably start a separate thread for this but perhaps you could give me a short answer. If you do a video that requiers a teleprompter, what kind do you use? I'm going to make three minutes videos for my websites and perhaps for Facebook in both English and Spanish. Even though my clips will be 250 words or less, it's hard for me to deliver the Spanish from memory. But I hate to pay over $600 for a teleprompter. Do you have any suggestions for a penny-pincher?

• 3. Re: How big is the print in Steve Grisetti's book?
              nealeh Level 5

Big cue cards and a volunteer to change them over works well. A rolling whiteboard might work but the sound of it rolling might be heard on your video - so it would need to be very smooth rolling.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children