3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 12:06 PM by Carl Von Stetten

ColdFusion 10 Update 8 TechNote missing info on wsconfig

itapl2a Level 1

As a new CF10 administrator, I am unfamilar with the wsconfig.exe command and why several updates recommend reconfiguring.  Update 8 released last week when installed includes the standard phrase:

"Adobe recommends reconfiguring the connectors using the wsconfig tool after applying this update.

The tool is located at {cf_install_home}/cfusion/runtime/bin. For any exceptions, read the Tech Note."

However the  current ColdFusion 10 Update 8 TechNote doesn't explain how to reconfigure the settings!   The tool when run just gives the options add, remove and exit .  I found the complete syntax for wsconfig.exe via online help, but without real world examples, such as the info in ColdFusion security hot fix APSB12-25, I fear Update 8 is not installed correctly.  Also, shouldn't the technotes for the updates list all of the bugs fixed by the update, known outstanding issues, and unresolved issues?

Lastly, could future updates include a plain text file (NOT  A PDF) with the detailed contents and instructions for the update, instead of a link to the Adobe website?