13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2013 5:02 PM by Pattie F

Adobe Media DownLoader (Ben. Incomplete download)

BenPhoto3

Adobe Media DownLoader will only download 52 of my photo's while I can see over 2000 in my library. I would like to archive my library before the June deadline.

• 1. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader
          Pattie F Employee Moderator

Just to be clear, you successfully downloaded the application and ran it, and only some of the files copied?

You have plenty of hard disk space? Are you saving to the computer's hard disk or to an external drive.

I'll look into this. Any details you can provide would be helpful.

Pattie

• 2. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader
            BenPhoto3 Level 1

Patti

Thanks for the response. I down loaded the Media downloader from the

photoshop.com web site after I logged in to my account

(http://www.photoshop.com/users/BennyBigHead) as instructed to archive

my work prior to the transfer to the new web site. No problems with the

down load and I installed Adobe Air as requested. My photo's on

photoshop.com total 2050 all jpeg in several albums. When running the

Media downloader it cues the same 52 photo's and downloads them and then

says the download was successful. Repeated attempts even on a different

computer yield the same results. The same 52 photo's every time. I have

plenty of local hard drive space, Win 7 64 bit machine but the results

were the same on a 32 bit win 7 machine. All help will be greatly

appreciated.

Thank You

• 3. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader

Ben

I assume you don't see any error messaage since it thinks it completed, right?

To investigate this we would have to look at the error logs - 

Start your download and if it is incomplete again send us the Log.txt file from the locations listed.

WIN : C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-num ber>\Local Store\

MAC : /users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.px.Downloader.<some-n umber>/Local Store/

You can email me the log.txt file to Amreek at asinghpa@adobe.com

If there are no error logs since it seemed to complete happily, also let me know.

Thanks,

Pattie

• 4. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader
                Amreek.. Level 1

Hi Ben,

There are a couple of things you can try

1. Sign out and sign back into the media Downloader with your account which has over 2000 Assets. And retry the download.

2. Login to your online account at www.photoshop.com and go to your library. What media downloader does is create a copy of you Online account.

3. All your Albums with assets will be created as folders.

4. all assets not into any albums will be put into a folder called 'Unsorted'

5. Now compare your online Library and you desktop download as to what is missing? are there missing albums? or are there not enough asstes in the albums. Is the unsorted folder missing? Are there any specific type of files missing?

this information will greatly help us in resolving your issue.

Thanks

Amreek

• 5. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader
                  BenPhoto3 Level 1

Pattie

I found the log file and it was a zero byte file. I have tried the same download attempt on 2 other computers with the same results. The error seems to be in the transfer process that is upcoming to the new Adobe Revel. I authorized the change and said go ahead and make the transfer to Revel. I got messages that the transfer was complete but when I logged on to Revel there were only 2 photo's showing. I then thought I should download to my machine and can only get the same 52 out of 2000+ . I checked my account status and it shows "Your account has been fully migrated to Adobe Revel — storage is no longer available on Photoshop.com." Perhaps my photoshop.com site needs to be temporarily reactivated ?? Thanks

• 6. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader

Thanks Ben. We will investigate further and get back to you-

Pattie

• 7. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader

When you say over 2000 in your library, are you looking at Photoshop Elements organizer or in Photoshop.com? We have had cases where users have only synced a subset of their files to Photoshop.com and  expect the number of their files in the organizer to be archived rather than those at Photoshop.com. I'm just checking to be sure.

Pattie

• 8. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader
                        BenPhoto3 Level 1

I do not use Photoshop Elements

• 9. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader

OK, thanks for the clarificaiton. We will continue to work on this.

Pattie

• 10. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader (Ben. Incomplete download)

Ben-

We believe this issue is fixed on our end. I will send you an email to cofirm you are ready for migration.

Pattie

• 11. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader (Ben. Incomplete download)

Ben-

I am glad to hear that the migration was completed successfully. I will close this issue.

Pattie

• 12. Re: Adobe Media DownLoader (Ben. Incomplete download)
                                BenPhoto3 Level 1

Pattie

Everything has worked out fine. Thank you for your persistence in solving this issue. BTW I googled your name and found your web site . Nice work there too.

BD