5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2013 11:28 AM by Lilybiri

I cannot reposition a slide

SIM.ONE

This is my first captivate project.  I have a 30 slide video-heavy prototype and I am trying to move one of the quiz slides from one point to another, further down the timeline. It will not go. Instead of opening a space close to where I am dragging the slide to, Captivate is opening the space closer to the beginning of the timeline, which does not help me.

Oh, and when I first created that slide that I am now trying to move, I had my cursor on slide # 28. The new quiz slide was added as number 9. I deleted that slide several times and every time I tried to add it again, it was created closer to the beginning of the timeline.

Has anyone seen this happening before?

Captivate 6, Windows 7. Is there something else I am supposed to provide?

Thank you in advance!

Simone

I attached a screenshot of the "operation".captivateproblem.jpg

• 1. Re: I cannot reposition a slide
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Do not understand fully. Did you try with Copy/paste for that slide as well instead of dragging? This is a Quiz slide, is dragging getting it out of the Quiz scope (outside of the Quiz, after the score slide if you provided one?). What are your Quiz Preferences?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: I cannot reposition a slide
            SIM.ONE Level 1

Hi,

I tried copy/cut and paste and that doesn’t work either. It creates a copy of the original slide, but close to it, not where I want it to be pasted to (and I placed the cursor on a slide close to the end of the timeline before pasting).

I did not change any of the original quiz preferences. The quiz is not graded, it is a hot spot and I did not use a score slide.

Thank you very much for your response.

Simone

• 3. Re: I cannot reposition a slide

It must be linked to the Quiz, your problem. Try to insert a score slide (Quiz Preferences) and post a screenshot of the Quiz Preferences, please. Which version do you use exactly: 6.0.1.240 or 6.1.319 ?

Lilybiri

• 4. Re: I cannot reposition a slide
                SIM.ONE Level 1

Hello

I just want to post an update here and also thank you for your prompt responses and attention to my problem. It seems like the “weird drag-and-drop behavior” was only happening with that specific Captivate file. We create another file using exactly the same parameters and features and everything is working just fine. Maybe a corrupted file? Who knows, I certainly don’t.

Thank you so much for your time.

Simone

• 5. Re: I cannot reposition a slide

Thanks for updating, so the file was corrupted I suppose. Could be a slide or even an object.

Lilybiri