3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2013 4:19 PM by joe bloe premiere

PC/Premiere CS6 to Mac/FCP

zoltron2001

I have footage for my editor. My preliminary edits will be in Premiere (CS6) and I work on a PC. He will be working on a Mac using Final Cut Pro.

Are there any file formats or things that I could do to ensure a seamless transfer? I was planning on exporting an AVI. I'd like the quality to be the highest possible. I don't want any codec drama.

• 1. Re: PC/Premiere CS6 to Mac/FCP
          joe bloe premiere Level 5
          ...ensure a seamless transfer?

I've never seen a 'seamless' transfer, but here's what I've done.

Export your Pr project as a Final Cut Pro .xml, and cross your fingers.

Depending on what is in your project, not everything will translate.

AVID DNxHD is a good cross-platform quicktime codec...

not officially 'lossless', but good quality and reasonable file size.

• 2. Re: PC/Premiere CS6 to Mac/FCP
            zoltron2001 Level 1

it's just video (no audio) and no effects (or anything else) has been tacked onto it. i'm just editing it to trim off the fat.

I'm not sure if it'd be necessary to do a full on project file. plus when I export a project file i end up with a 44 kb file, which seems way to small. would i have to get additional files for that?

• 3. Re: PC/Premiere CS6 to Mac/FCP
              joe bloe premiere Level 5
              ...when I export a project file i end up with a 44 kb file, which seems way to small. would i have to get additional files for that?

If you have a single cuts-only timeline, there isn't a lot of info...

44 kb doesn't seem unusual, send it to the editor to open and see.

Of course, they need the media files as well.

1 person found this helpful