• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem installing Premiere Elements 11

Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a new computer.  I can install photoshop 11 and it works fine.  When I try to install premiere elements, it starts loading the installer and quickly stops, giving me only a window with status of the windows installer (same screen you see if you run msiexec).    This is win7 64 bit.  I have used this install disc on one other win 7 machine and installed both photoshop/elements fine, so there is nothing wrong with the disc.  I get the same problem if I try to download a trial version of elements.   I have directx 11, however as another test I started install on another machine with directx11 and it was working.   So... I'm not sure what is preventing the install.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your system meets the spec requirements:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/tech-specs.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It meets the requirements, but the directx could be an issue?   My video card is 11 and Elements needs 9 or 10 compatibility, so I don't know how to be sure my video card is 9/10 compliant.   I also had an error when trying to install the directx 9.0c file available on Microsoft website.   And, a couple other applications that need directx 9 or 10 are having install problems.  However, I did test elements on another directx 11 computer and install got started.   So I'm not sure if this is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kring222,

You dont have to worry about the Direct X compatibility as your Graphics Card can handle all Direct x version till 11. Try creating another Admin User account and try installing there.

Please let me know if that works for you or not.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm still getting the same message.  It start to load windows installer then a window pops us with text starting with

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7601.17514

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] ........  and other test similar to display from msiexec.

I get this message whether I install from disc or a downloaded trial version.

However only certain programs are a problem.  I was able to install Photoshop and quite a few other applications.   The difference between Photoshop and Premiere Elements could be a clue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Take a back-up of the following two files by copying these some place else & then remove these from the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\PDAppFlex-app.xml

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\PDAppFlex.swf

2. Run the installation of your application again

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please revert and you may please copy the files back.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines