5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2013 5:07 AM by ShefaliG RSS

Problem installing Premiere Elements 11

kring222

Hello,

I have a new computer.  I can install photoshop 11 and it works fine.  When I try to install premiere elements, it starts loading the installer and quickly stops, giving me only a window with status of the windows installer (same screen you see if you run msiexec).    This is win7 64 bit.  I have used this install disc on one other win 7 machine and installed both photoshop/elements fine, so there is nothing wrong with the disc.  I get the same problem if I try to download a trial version of elements.   I have directx 11, however as another test I started install on another machine with directx11 and it was working.   So... I'm not sure what is preventing the install.  Any insight would be appreciated.  Thanks  

• 2. Re: Problem installing Premiere Elements 11
          kring222 Community Member

It meets the requirements, but the directx could be an issue?   My video card is 11 and Elements needs 9 or 10 compatibility, so I don't know how to be sure my video card is 9/10 compliant.   I also had an error when trying to install the directx 9.0c file available on Microsoft website.   And, a couple other applications that need directx 9 or 10 are having install problems.  However, I did test elements on another directx 11 computer and install got started.   So I'm not sure if this is the issue.

• 3. Re: Problem installing Premiere Elements 11
            Abhijit Kr. Employee Hosts

Hi kring222,

You dont have to worry about the Direct X compatibility as your Graphics Card can handle all Direct x version till 11. Try creating another Admin User account and try installing there.

Please let me know if that works for you or not.

Regards,

• 4. Re: Problem installing Premiere Elements 11
              kring222 Community Member

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm still getting the same message.  It start to load windows installer then a window pops us with text starting with

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7601.17514

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter] ........  and other test similar to display from msiexec.

I get this message whether I install from disc or a downloaded trial version.

However only certain programs are a problem.  I was able to install Photoshop and quite a few other applications.   The difference between Photoshop and Premiere Elements could be a clue.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Problem installing Premiere Elements 11
                ShefaliG Adobe Employee

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Take a back-up of the following two files by copying these some place else & then remove these from the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\PDAppFlex-app.xml

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\PDAppFlex.swf

2. Run the installation of your application again

If this doesn't resolve your issue, please revert and you may please copy the files back.

thanks.