Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE 2.0 and rendering graphs/figures

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2013 Mar 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I completed an ePub conversion for a client about a year ago and she is selling her book via Lulu and all of was good with the world. However, she emailed me this morning and tells me that a reader has complained that the graphs and figures are very diffuclt to read when using ADE 2.0. Sure enough, I take a look and they are right!

Everything looks perfect on the iPad (which is what I intended the book to be read on) BUT Lulu suggestes ADE 2.0 as a way to "read the book immedaitly". I did the print version of the book as well and rasterized the figures using the "export options" dialogue (JPEG at 150dpi, relative to page width) when creating the ePub.

I experimented with exporting the figures out at 300dpi and in other file formats but  to no avail, can anyone help me?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you redo the graphs as SVG (and not just SVG with an image tag), that will get you scalability that raster graphics don't provide.  The problem with this suggestion is that while this is easy if you have the source for the graphs especially in Illustrator format, if all you have are the source raster graphics, this will be a lot of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines