10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2013 7:00 AM by lutin_le

Eraser tool not working at all... - solved

nasmedicine

I'm having an issue with the eraser tool not working at all. I have rebooted the phone, cleared cache/data and reinstalled the program and nothing seems to be working. I have a VZW Galaxy S3. What is the issue? if this can't be solve then I would like my money back!!!!

• 1. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi

this sounds odd. Does it only happen to the erasor tool? Is it only with the same document?

Are you working with layers - if so can you please provide a screen shot?

If you are working with selections, does it help if you don't use the selection?

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 2. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
            nasmedicine Level 1

No layers, but i did notice that it only occuring with files that were last saved using another app called AfterFocus. I use that app to blurn the background and keep forground objects in focus (since PS touch dosn't have masking abilities....grr) I dont know why that would be happening since all the files that are saved from that program are JPEG. I don't have an issue with other programs being able to use those images (PicSay Pro, Pixlr Express, Snapspeed..etc).

Edit: just want to add that i'm not using layers or select tools, i'm simply just trying to erase a potion of a photo(s).

• 3. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
              ibarrien Adobe Employee

could you maybe send me one of the images privately if you don't want to share?

Otherwise also the psdx would be good if possible.

thanks,

Ignacio

• 4. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                nasmedicine Level 1

actually Ignacio it's not just those images i check again with other images as well. However i don't mind emailing you the images privately. give me your email address. Images are not just limited to AfterFocus.

Where can i send you the images that i'm experiencing this issue with?

Another funny finding. I noticed that I have to save it first as a project on my phone, then reopen in image as a project in order for the eraser tool to work. Strange, that it will not work when i first load the image into PS touch. Why do i have to save it first before the eraser will work??

• 5. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                  ibarrien Adobe Employee

If it's not limited to Afterfocus - then you don't need to send any images.

Does it help to restart the application or do you always get this issue?

Are you always working with a specific device rotation (landscape or portrait)?

The problem sounds similar to another post in the forum concerning extract.

We are looking into it now - thank you for reporting this.

Thanks,

Ignacio

Message was edited by: ibarrien

• 6. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                    lutin_le

I, too,  have this issue.

To reproduce it all I have to do is open an image (not just any image though, but I have two images which have this image) and immediately try to use the eraser. Result: it "previews"  the eraser brush stroke but as soon as I lift the stylus, the change doesn't persist.

Note  this also happens with the fade functionality too.

I am on android, Galaxy note 2. I can send you a sample image if needed.

• 7. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                      lutin_le Level 1

As a quick follow up(as nasmedicine said), saving as a project and then going back in will allow me to successfully erase/fade.

• 8. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                        nasmedicine Level 1

everything lutin_le is saying is 100% spot on, except it's happening on my Galaxy S3, D2VZW. Such a pain.

• 9. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                          ibarrien Adobe Employee

Hi,

please try the update out, it should have fixed this issue.

Thanks,

Ignacio

• 10. Re: Eraser tool not working at all...
                            lutin_le Level 1

I can confirm that the erase issue is fixed!

Tested with an image a couple of mins before I did the update - didn't work. Did exactly the same thing after the update and it works as it should.

Fantastic. Thanks.