3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 9:13 AM by kglad

External SWF Looping in IOS

Vendita3

My main SWF has buttons that load other SWF files.

When I preview this with Flash it works as I would expect. The external SWF runs a simple movie and the last frame of the movie I have added stop(); so it will not loop.

This works fine in my browser and with Flash Preview. It even works fine with XCode when I preview it on their IOS Simulator.

When I load this on my IPhone the movies will load correctly, but will loop continusly.

Any ideas how I can stop the looping?

• 1. Re: External SWF Looping in IOS
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

iOS won't allow any code in your loaded swf to execute.

so, one solution is to execute the stop from the loading (main) swf:

var loader:Loader=new Loader();

loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,completeF);

loader.load(new URLRequest("yourexternalswf.swf"));

function completeF(e:Event):void{

MovieClip(loader.content).addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,enterframeF);

}

function enterframeF(e:Event):void{

if(MovieClip(loader.content).currentFrame==MovieClip(loader.content).totalFrames){

MovieClip(loader.content).removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,enterframeF);

MovieClip(loader.content).stop();

}

}

• 2. Re: External SWF Looping in IOS
            Vendita3 Level 1

Hi - Many thanks for this. I will try this now.

Can you please let me know if you have a min this page (seems new) on Adobe and says you can load in action scripts:

http://blogs.adobe.com/airodynamics/2012/11/09/packaging-and-loading-multiple-swfs-in-air- apps-on-ios/

I am stuck with the bit saying *The minor change is that when loading the SWF, the application domain should be the same as that of the main SWF i.e. ApplicationDomain.currentDomain.

var _lc:LoaderContext = new LoaderContext(false, ApplicationDomain.currentDomain, null);

_loader.load(_urlRequest, _lc);

Do I need to change "ApplicationDomain.currentDomain" (and what with)? or will this still not do what I am trying to do?

• 3. Re: External SWF Looping in IOS
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

no, leave that code just the way it is.

if you're using an air version that allows code in external swfs, you should be good to go.

unfortunately, i don't see which air versions allow external swf code.

1 person found this helpful