• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install of new update fails

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the name of God, why can't I use cut and paste....................................................

Running Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9

I have been trying to install the latest version of Flash Player and have been unsuccessful through more than 10 attempts.

This started when I tried to run a video and received a message stating that I need to install the latest Flash Player.  It had a link to do the installation.  I clicked on the link and did the install.  I received a message stating that the install completed successfully.  I tried to run the video again and received the same message about having to install the update.

I went to site adobe.com and located a topic for Help near the bottom of the page, with 5 options following it.  One of the options was titled "Flash Player installation help'".

I clicked on this option and this took me to "http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html."

Step 2 here stated:  "The Flash Player version and OS of your computer are displayed in the box below."

The indicated box was blank. 

So after getting to this same point many times, I looked through the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders on my system and Flash Player didn't show up anywhere.  So, where did the installation of Flash Player put the product?

So, I went on to Step 3 titled:  "Solve Flash Player Issues, if any."

This had an option for installation issues and I clicked the option for "windows".

This took me to this site:  "http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html".

Under a topic named "General Information" are 5 items.  I have verified all of these items are correct numerous times.

The next topic is "download Issues".  The first item is to insure that Active Scripting is enabled.  I followed the instructions and it is, and was, enabled.  The next item is to download and install Flash Player. Again.

I did so.  I got the notice the install is finished and this page is displayed:  http://www.adobe.com/m/cdc/consumerchannel.html

I click anywhere on this page and I am taken to:  http://www.adobe.com/m/cdc/consumerchannel_download.html?sdid=KBYNG

I got a blank page with a yellow bar at the bottom asking if I want to run or save PSE11.exe from "Platformdl.adobe.com."  This module, PSE11.exe is 1 gigabyte in length.  I have never heard of this module, the name seemed suspicious and the size doesn't seem reasonable.  I have not allowed this installation to run.

Please tell me how to complete this installation so I can get on with my life.  Is it as simple as installing PSE11.exe and I have been shooting myself in the foot all these many, many hours by not doing so?  But as I stated, the page that presented this module for down load had no instructions so I didn't know if it was safe or not.

Thank you for your help,

Dennis Fleming

[email address removed]

Message was edited by: dennis95123

Message was edited by: dennis95123

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

dennis95123 wrote:

Again I looked into Program Files and Program Files (x86).  Flash Player was not in either file.

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable program; you won't find it in Program Files.

What is your web browser?  If Internet Explorer see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2013 Mar 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try installing from the appropriate stand alone Windows Flash Player installers located here:

Installation Problems - Flash Player - Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I downloaded from the site you indicated.  I got a message the the installation was good.

I tried to view the video I wanted to see when this all started.  I got the same response as before, it refused to run.

Again I looked into Program Files and Program Files (x86).  Flash Player was not in either file.

For the hell of it, I went to Control panel and discovered two copies of Flash Player installed.  I deleted them

before doing the install.

What next?

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2013 Mar 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dennis95123 wrote:

Flash Player is a browser add-on, not an executable program; you won't find it in Program Files.

What is your web browser?  If Internet Explorer see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Pat,

THANK YOU!

After all this time the problem was that the Shockwave Flash Object was not enabled.

My issue is resolved.

Again, Thank You very much,

Dennis Fleming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I got a blank page with a yellow bar at the bottom asking if I want to run or save PSE11.exe from "Platformdl.adobe.com."  This module, PSE11.exe is 1 gigabyte in length.  I have never heard of this module, the name seemed suspicious and the size doesn't seem reasonable.  I have not allowed this installation to run."

I have been having the same installation issues and received the same offer to download and install PSE11.exe. I started to download the file and decided to research the module for any clue to whether it's a virus or something like that... Well, I came across this post.

Now I'm wondering - is my system vulnerable because I did initiate the download for about 30 seconds to a minute.

Please let me know.

Thank you,

GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you get to that PSE11.exe download?  PSE11 appears to be Photoshop Elements, which is a paid software, completely unrelated to Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Chris,

As you can see in my previous post of March 7, I did as you directed me to do.

That didn't resove my problem.

What do I need to do next to try to fix my problem?

Thank You,

Dennis Fleming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines