This is a little convoluted.
I am running Adobe Robohelp 9.0.2. I have a project that has been working well until today. The HTML files are divided into folders. I added a simple snippet to one article in each folder. I published to Webhelp.
At first, I noticed that all the articles in one folder (which start with the same name [IACH]) are missing from search results. All other files in the project itself are working in search without difficulty, but this one entire folder was missing from search, but ALL of the articles from that folder were available via the Table of Contents. I also noticed that the snippet wasn't publishing on the one article in that folder that I'd put it on - though it appears in the article in Robohelp. At that point, I toggled to the Snippets module and my snippet list is blank. Though the snippet files are still in the actual project folder, they don't appear in the module anymore.
I thought that the snippet being on that one article might be the issue, so I converted it to HTML text and published again. Now? Now all the file names appear in the ToC, but I can't open any of them AND they still don't appear in search.
It looks like somehow this one, single sentence snippet has done severe damage to my project.
All very weird but I doubt your project is broken. I see no connection between adding a snippet and search going awry.
First you can simply right click in the Snippet pod and import the snippet back into the project.
Then I would close Rh and trash the CPD file. Reopen the project and regenerate the help making sure you hadn't accidentally changed anything in the Search settings.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips
Thanks Peter. I was just about to kill the .cpd when I discovered that the entire Webhelp output folder was having issues. It appears to have become corrupted. I wiped it out and published cleanly, then wiped it out on production and copied it out cleanly there, and everything started playing nicely again. I did completely remove and rebuild the one article with the snippet that seems to have caused the problem before publishing.
One of the weirder RH problems I've encountered.